Community Discussions and Support
Spamwall database upgrade

Thank you for your reply. I think you are right, I'll have to start fresh. I allready started collecting spam (492 mails over the last 24 hours, just for my personal account!). 

<P>Thank you for your reply. I think you are right, I'll have to start fresh. I allready started collecting spam (492 mails over the last 24 hours, just for my personal account!). </P>

Dear all,

I'm trying to upgrade from Spamwall 3.1.2 to Spamhalter 4.3.1. All seems to go well, except for the upgrade of the database.

SpamHalterUpgrade.exe first tells me "13:01:13: Database version 4 exists!". This is correct, but words4.db3 gets created automatically when SpamHalterUpgrade is launched (before any buttons are pressed). When I manually remove this file and try again, the response is
13:04:45: Upgrading Word database...
13:04:45: Deleting old content...

And then nothing happens. As the version-3 database is quite big (350 MB) I left this running for 36 hours - without result. I also tried tampering around with the v3 database with SpamWallTools (recover deteled space etc), this appearantly goes well, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas? I'd hate to start training SpamHalter all over, it works excellent with the current wordlist.

Bart

PS: upgrading the whitelist was no problem.

<P>Dear all,</P> <P>I'm trying to upgrade from Spamwall 3.1.2 to Spamhalter 4.3.1. All seems to go well, except for the upgrade of the database.</P> <P>SpamHalterUpgrade.exe first tells me "13:01:13: Database version 4 exists!". This is correct, but words4.db3 gets created automatically when SpamHalterUpgrade is launched (before any buttons are pressed). When I manually remove this file and try again, the response is 13:04:45: Upgrading Word database... 13:04:45: Deleting old content...</P> <P>And then nothing happens. As the version-3 database is quite big (350 MB) I left this running for 36 hours - without result. I also tried tampering around with the v3 database with SpamWallTools (recover deteled space etc), this appearantly goes well, but it doesn't solve the problem.</P> <P>Any ideas? I'd hate to start training SpamHalter all over, it works excellent with the current wordlist.</P> <P>Bart</P> <P>PS: upgrading the whitelist was no problem.</P>

[quote user="bart"]

As the version-3 database is quite big (350 MB)

[/quote]

!!!!!!!!

I've been running spamhalter for ~18months on Train Always and my words4.db3 is 5MB! 

methinks you should ditch the old db and start fresh.

If you feed it ~1000 good mails and whatever spam you have lying around it won't take long to train. 

[quote user="bart"]<p> As the version-3 database is quite big (350 MB) </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>!!!!!!!!</p><p>I've been running spamhalter for ~18months on Train Always and my words4.db3 is 5MB! </p><p>methinks you should ditch the old db and start fresh.</p><p>If you feed it ~1000 good mails and whatever spam you have lying around it won't take long to train. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft