Community Discussions and Support
Forwarding mail from Lotus Notes users

[quote user="Hilbrand"]I may misunderstand something, but how can I get a message with an attachment to you?[/quote]

Send it outside of the community using your email client and the email address I sent you.  Peter does not want us putting email addresses, even the ones that are already used by spammers, in our communications here.

<p>[quote user="Hilbrand"]I may misunderstand something, but how can I get a message with an attachment to you?[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Send it outside of the community using your email client and the email address I sent you.  Peter does not want us putting email addresses, even the ones that are already used by spammers, in our communications here.</p><p> </p>

I receive quite some mail from Lotus Notes users. This mail comes with part of its header information in a table. Forwarding this mail makes Pegasus (4.31) crash at the moment I hit the ‘Send’ key, and it happens at both my desktop and notebook computer. I always lived with it, as I know that I must convert the table to text before hitting ‘Send’, but I wonder whether other Pegasus users experience this, and whether there is anything I can do to get around it. Interestingly, I have the impression that this problem started after updating Pegasus 1 or 2 versions ago.

I receive quite some mail from Lotus Notes users. This mail comes with part of its header information in a table. Forwarding this mail makes Pegasus (4.31) crash at the moment I hit the ‘Send’ key, and it happens at both my desktop and notebook computer. I always lived with it, as I know that I must convert the table to text before hitting ‘Send’, but I wonder whether other Pegasus users experience this, and whether there is anything I can do to get around it. Interestingly, I have the impression that this problem started after updating Pegasus 1 or 2 versions ago.

I get mail from Notes users and don't experience this. How are you forwarding - with editing or as bounce?

[quote]... part of its header information in a table[/quote]

I can't visualise this - could you post an example?

<P>I get mail from Notes users and don't experience this. How are you forwarding - with editing or as bounce?</P> <P>[quote]... part of its header information in a table[/quote]</P> <P>I can't visualise this - could you post an example?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

[quote user="PaulW"]

I get mail from Notes users and don't experience this. How are you forwarding - with editing or as bounce?

[quote]... part of its header information in a table[/quote]

I can't visualise this - could you post an example?

[/quote]

I don't seem to be able to paste the table structure in this mail (all turns into ascii text). Is there any way I can send a Word document with an example? or a screen shot? 

[quote user="PaulW"]<P>I get mail from Notes users and don't experience this. How are you forwarding - with editing or as bounce?</P><P>[quote]... part of its header information in a table[/quote]</P><P>I can't visualise this - could you post an example?</P>[/quote] I don't seem to be able to paste the table structure in this mail (all turns into ascii text). Is there any way I can send a Word document with an example? or a screen shot? 

Thanks for this help. Attached is a screenshot of the problem. It happens typically as follows:

- somebody sends an email to the Lotus Notes user
- the Lotus Notes user responds, and apparently converts the header of the original message into a table
- when I then respond to that message (the upper message), Pegasus crashes at the moment I hit the "send" button
- I then need to restart Pegasus, access "queued mail", open the message in question, and convert the table to ascii text, after which the message can be sent without problems. 

Please note the following:
- I have this problem only with one global client who is using Lotus Notes. I have not had this problem with any other client, and only some offices of that client have this problem. From header information I understand that various offices of this client use different versions of Lotus Notes.
- This problem started a couple of months ago and it might have to do with a major upgrade of Lotus Notes?

Hilbrand

Thanks for this help. Attached is a screenshot of the problem. It happens typically as follows: - somebody sends an email to the Lotus Notes user - the Lotus Notes user responds, and apparently converts the header of the original message into a table - when I then respond to that message (the upper message), Pegasus crashes at the moment I hit the "send" button - I then need to restart Pegasus, access "queued mail", open the message in question, and convert the table to ascii text, after which the message can be sent without problems.  Please note the following: - I have this problem <U>only</U> with one global client who is using Lotus Notes. I have not had this problem with any other client, and only some offices of that client have this problem. From header information I understand that various offices of this client use different versions of Lotus Notes. - This problem started a couple of months ago and it might have to do with a major upgrade of Lotus Notes? Hilbrand

Could you send me a copy of this message?  I would need the original *.CNM file, preferably zipped, sent as an attachment to a message.  If you have this in a folder just copy it to the new mail directory to create the CNM file.

Could you send me a copy of this message?  I would need the original *.CNM file, preferably zipped, sent as an attachment to a message.  If you have this in a folder just copy it to the new mail directory to create the CNM file.

I may misunderstand something, but how can I get a message with an attachment to you? 

I may misunderstand something, but how can I get a message with an attachment to you? 
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft