Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Spell check exclusions

Hi

I don't know if someone else has posted this, but I would like to request that where the ' character precedes a word, the ' character is excluded from spell checking.

I often use this character and the spell check in Pegasus Mail always picks up any word where the character precedes it. For example, when I write an IT how-to for staff, I make sure that commands are enclosed by apostophes. Click 'Start' and then click 'Run'. Pegasus Mail will always flag 'Start' or anything else enclosed by the apostrophes. If a phrase is enclosed, for example: Within the field labelled 'All DNS queries', Pegasus Mail's spell checker will pick up 'All.

Can this be done? 

Thanks!

<P>Hi</P> <P>I don't know if someone else has posted this, but I would like to request that where the ' character precedes a word, the ' character is excluded from spell checking.</P> <P>I often use this character and the spell check in Pegasus Mail always picks up any word where the character precedes it. For example, when I write an IT how-to for staff, I make sure that commands are enclosed by apostophes. Click 'Start' and then click 'Run'. Pegasus Mail will always flag 'Start' or anything else enclosed by the apostrophes. If a phrase is enclosed, for example: Within the field labelled 'All DNS queries', Pegasus Mail's spell checker will pick up 'All.</P> <P>Can this be done? </P> <P>Thanks!</P>

One or more of the special character handling processes is probably involved here, ie:

1. The word to be spell checked is defined as any characters between blanks.

2. the single quote is not included in the list of special/punctuation characters 

There are no user options settings available to tweek, so until the new Pegasus Mail comes out there is unlikely to be any changes. I checked out TinySpell and it correctly removes the single quote from the word to be checked.

Martin 

<p>One or more of the special character handling processes is probably involved here, ie:</p><p>1. The word to be spell checked is defined as any characters between blanks.</p><p>2. the single quote is not included in the list of special/punctuation characters </p><p>There are no user options settings available to tweek, so until the new Pegasus Mail comes out there is unlikely to be any changes. I checked out TinySpell and it correctly removes the single quote from the word to be checked.</p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft