Community Discussions and Support
[SOLVED] Pegasus crashing on Windows 2003 Standard terminal server

I was experiencing a problem with Pegasus Mail 4.63 crashing at random times several times a day on a Windows 2003 Standard terminal server.  With the valuable help of Michael in der Wiesche (who handles the crash dumps) and David Harris, I was able to isolate the cause to something to do with RasMan.  Here is the stack dump for historical purposes :

ntdll!RtlpWaitOnCriticalSection+0xdf
ntdll!RtlEnterCriticalSection+0xa8
rpcrt4!SECURITY_CREDENTIALS::DereferenceCredentials+0x10
rpcrt4!CLIENT_AUTH_INFO::~CLIENT_AUTH_INFO+0x24
rpcrt4!SECURITY_CONTEXT::`scalar deleting destructor'+0x14
rpcrt4!OSF_CCONNECTION::~OSF_CCONNECTION+0x61
rpcrt4!OSF_CCONNECTION::`vector deleting destructor'+0xd
rpcrt4!REFERENCED_OBJECT::FreeObject+0xb
rpcrt4!OSF_CCONNECTION::FreeCCall+0x9d
rpcrt4!OSF_CCALL::FreeCCall+0x162
rpcrt4!OSF_BINDING_HANDLE::InitCCallWithAssociation+0x7b
rpcrt4!OSF_BINDING_HANDLE::AllocateCCall+0x49d
rpcrt4!OSF_BINDING_HANDLE::NegotiateTransferSyntax+0x2e
rpcrt4!I_RpcGetBufferWithObject+0x5b
rpcrt4!I_RpcGetBuffer+0xf
rpcrt4!NdrGetBuffer+0x2e
rpcrt4!NdrClientCall2+0x197
rasman!RasRpcSubmitRequest+0x1c
rasman!RemoteSubmitRequest+0x30
rasman!PutRequestInQueue+0x23 

The solution ended up being a hotfix from Microsoft that addresses both XP and 2003 in a multithreaded environment :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950094

Gary Thorne

<p>I was experiencing a problem with Pegasus Mail 4.63 crashing at random times several times a day on a Windows 2003 Standard terminal server.  With the valuable help of Michael in der Wiesche (who handles the crash dumps) and David Harris, I was able to isolate the cause to something to do with RasMan.  Here is the stack dump for historical purposes :</p><p>ntdll!RtlpWaitOnCriticalSection+0xdf ntdll!RtlEnterCriticalSection+0xa8 rpcrt4!SECURITY_CREDENTIALS::DereferenceCredentials+0x10 rpcrt4!CLIENT_AUTH_INFO::~CLIENT_AUTH_INFO+0x24 rpcrt4!SECURITY_CONTEXT::`scalar deleting destructor'+0x14 rpcrt4!OSF_CCONNECTION::~OSF_CCONNECTION+0x61 rpcrt4!OSF_CCONNECTION::`vector deleting destructor'+0xd rpcrt4!REFERENCED_OBJECT::FreeObject+0xb rpcrt4!OSF_CCONNECTION::FreeCCall+0x9d rpcrt4!OSF_CCALL::FreeCCall+0x162 rpcrt4!OSF_BINDING_HANDLE::InitCCallWithAssociation+0x7b rpcrt4!OSF_BINDING_HANDLE::AllocateCCall+0x49d rpcrt4!OSF_BINDING_HANDLE::NegotiateTransferSyntax+0x2e rpcrt4!I_RpcGetBufferWithObject+0x5b rpcrt4!I_RpcGetBuffer+0xf rpcrt4!NdrGetBuffer+0x2e rpcrt4!NdrClientCall2+0x197 rasman!RasRpcSubmitRequest+0x1c rasman!RemoteSubmitRequest+0x30 rasman!PutRequestInQueue+0x23 </p><p>The solution ended up being a hotfix from Microsoft that addresses both XP and 2003 in a multithreaded environment :</p><p><a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950094" target="_blank">http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950094</a></p><p>Gary Thorne</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft