Community Discussions and Support
Rare, but periodic "Error -32 activating SSL session" now after the 4.51 upgrade

Dumb.  Ok, the "fix" I did was to create new self-signed certs, but when I did that, the file permissions were only for my login, it didn't inherit the folder permissions of the Mercury program folder.  Very strange.  Ok, so I fixed that.  I guess that is my punishment, better to just live with the periodic SSL errors I guess than to hose myself completely! [8-)]

<p>Dumb.  Ok, the "fix" I did was to create new self-signed certs, but when I did that, the file permissions were only for my login, it didn't inherit the folder permissions of the Mercury program folder.  Very strange.  Ok, so I fixed that.  I guess that is my punishment, better to just live with the periodic SSL errors I guess than to hose myself completely! [8-)]</p><p>  </p>

I don't recall ever getting these before when running Mercury 4.01b for over 3 years, but since I upgraded to version 4.51 in early May, every few days, I'll get a failure trying to send a message through.  I go under queued Mail in Pegasus and re-send and it always re-sends fine.  The last time it happened, two days ago, I went into Mercury and enabled session logging and tonight when it just happened again, the error in the session log is:

19:10:26.359: << 220 OK, begin SSL/TLS negotiation now.<cr><lf>
19:10:26.375: 22: Error -32 activating SSL session (locus 0, type 0, code 0, '')

Now, when I re-sent it from the Pegasus queue, it went through...

19:10:38.625: << 220 OK, begin SSL/TLS negotiation now.<cr><lf>
19:10:38.640: [*] SSL/TLS session established: 3DES, CBC mode, keysize 192 bits

Given that my two computers I do almost all of my e-mailing on haven't changed and the only change to Mercury was updating from 4.01c to 4.51, any idea why this periodic SSL error would suddenly appear?

Regards,

Tom T.

&lt;p&gt;I don&#039;t recall ever getting these before when running Mercury 4.01b for over 3 years, but since I upgraded to version 4.51 in early May, every few days, I&#039;ll get a failure trying to send a message through.&amp;nbsp; I go under queued Mail in Pegasus and re-send and it always re-sends fine.&amp;nbsp; The last time it happened, two days ago, I went into Mercury and enabled session logging and tonight when it just happened again, the error in the session log is:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;19:10:26.359: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 220 OK, begin SSL/TLS negotiation now.&amp;lt;cr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;lf&amp;gt; 19:10:26.375: 22: Error -32 activating SSL session (locus 0, type 0, code 0, &#039;&#039;)&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Now, when I re-sent it from the Pegasus queue, it went through...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;19:10:38.625: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 220 OK, begin SSL/TLS negotiation now.&amp;lt;cr&amp;gt;&amp;lt;lf&amp;gt; 19:10:38.640: [*] SSL/TLS session established: 3DES, CBC mode, keysize 192 bits&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Given that my two computers I do almost all of my e-mailing on haven&#039;t changed and the only change to Mercury was updating from 4.01c to 4.51, any idea why this periodic SSL error would suddenly appear?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Regards,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Tom T.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Actually, in trying "fix" it, I apparently now broke it to the point where Mercury now refuses all SSL connections, now with
Error -41.   [:'(]

&lt;p&gt;Actually, in trying &quot;fix&quot; it, I apparently now broke it to the point where Mercury now refuses all SSL connections, now with Error -41.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; [:&#039;(] &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft