Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Some thoughts on v5

I am a newbie but learning fast. :)

I'd like message dialogs to have individual "Don't show again" buttons.When I set up a new POP and/or SMTP and I click "Use SSL" I get a port change warning **every time.** I appreciated the information the first time but I have just set up, 35 Identities all with their own email addresses and I got that message 70-times, once for each POP and once for each SMTP setup. I know I can turn down the message level, but then that affects all messages.

POP and SMTP set up dialogs. It would be better to have the Username and Password within the Identity Name portion rather than in the POP and SMTP sections. I have 23 email accounts that all use the same POP and SMTP servers with 23 different email addresses. I had to create 46 (23-each) POP and SMTP for the same two servers because the username and password was included with each set up. If the user name and password had been just in the Identity section I could have used the same POP and SMTP setup for all 23 Identities.

It is rare that the username and passwords are different for POP and SMTP, but if they were then setting up one or two extra POP and SMTP profiles would be better than 46.

Duplication of data is a real problem issue in a lot of areas with v4 and I hope that David will address that with v5.

When checking for incoming mail and it is set for All Identities, it would be better to show the Identity in the bottom line rather than the Server. I have 23 email accounts all on our company website mail server. If one is slow to authorize for some reason, I have no idea which one it was as all I get is a succession of "mail.oursite.com" messages.

On the subject  of gathering mail, a drop down to allow me to select just one Identity from the get-mail list would be nice too. If I am expecting an email from someone in particular, I do not want to sit and watch 35 checks go buy when all I need to do is check one Identity.

<p>I am a newbie but learning fast. :)</p><p>I'd like message dialogs to have individual "Don't show again" buttons.When I set up a new POP and/or SMTP and I click "Use SSL" I get a port change warning **every time.** I appreciated the information the first time but I have just set up, 35 Identities all with their own email addresses and I got that message 70-times, once for each POP and once for each SMTP setup. I know I can turn down the message level, but then that affects all messages. </p><p>POP and SMTP set up dialogs. It would be better to have the Username and Password within the Identity Name portion rather than in the POP and SMTP sections. I have 23 email accounts that all use the same POP and SMTP servers with 23 different email addresses. I had to create 46 (23-each) POP and SMTP for the same two servers because the username and password was included with each set up. If the user name and password had been just in the Identity section I could have used the same POP and SMTP setup for all 23 Identities.</p><p>It is rare that the username and passwords are different for POP and SMTP, but if they were then setting up one or two extra POP and SMTP profiles would be better than 46. </p><p>Duplication of data is a real problem issue in a lot of areas with v4 and I hope that David will address that with v5. </p><p>When checking for incoming mail and it is set for All Identities, it would be better to show the Identity in the bottom line rather than the Server. I have 23 email accounts all on our company website mail server. If one is slow to authorize for some reason, I have no idea which one it was as all I get is a succession of "mail.oursite.com" messages. </p><p>On the subject  of gathering mail, a drop down to allow me to select just one Identity from the get-mail list would be nice too. If I am expecting an email from someone in particular, I do not want to sit and watch 35 checks go buy when all I need to do is check one Identity. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft