Community Discussions and Support
Copy to self - mail merge

Good thing I've already come up with an acceptable, even if not perfect, workaround: generate a "dry run" which processes 100% of the records in the file.  The only thing that will be incorrect is the precise time.  But being off by a few minutes (or maybe just 1 or 2 minutes in some cases) shouldn't cause too much concern.

Thanks for the quick response.

<p>Good thing I've already come up with an acceptable, even if not perfect, workaround: generate a "dry run" which processes 100% of the records in the file.  The only thing that will be incorrect is the precise time.  But being off by a few minutes (or maybe just 1 or 2 minutes in some cases) shouldn't cause too much concern.</p><p>Thanks for the quick response.  </p>

Is this broken in 4.41?  I have tried every combination I can think of and nothing seems to generate a copy to self for the generated mails.  I suppose I can run a test run which includes every record and then move things from my newmail into a copy folder just for this purpose. 

But I'd prefer to just have the system generate a copy to self. 

Would somebody please make the obligitory suggestion which I will then respond to by indicating that I've already tried that? Unless, of course, I haven't and it solves my problem!

Thanks

<p>Is this broken in 4.41?  I have tried every combination I can think of and nothing seems to generate a copy to self for the generated mails.  I suppose I can run a test run which includes every record and then move things from my newmail into a copy folder just for this purpose.  </p><p>But I'd prefer to just have the system generate a copy to self.  </p><p>Would somebody please make the obligitory suggestion which I will then respond to by indicating that I've already tried that? Unless, of course, I haven't and it solves my problem!</p><p>Thanks  </p>

[quote user="MikePreston"]Is this broken in 4.41? [/quote]

Yes, it is.

Late in the development process, a significant difference of opinion (read: "argument") broke out among the test team about how copy-self should be handled for merged mail, and we never came to a resolution. I decided to defer it until a later release to resolve it, but neglected to update the help, which had already been written with certain assumptions in mind.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="MikePreston"]Is this broken in 4.41? [/quote] Yes, it is. Late in the development process, a significant difference of opinion (read: "argument") broke out among the test team about how copy-self should be handled for merged mail, and we never came to a resolution. I decided to defer it until a later release to resolve it, but neglected to update the help, which had already been written with certain assumptions in mind. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft