Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Google Contacts

Whether it is a "Live Sync" or  a simple import/export of vCards (any version) doesn't really matter at present, because the current Pegasus Mail address book is very limited in the number of data items it can hold. As well there are structural differences which cannot be avoided. Even things like vCard sets will need some conversion. So until the finalized layout of the new version of Pegasus Mail is published, it will not be possible to program a conversion process.

For now there are a number of third party apps, that can exchange vCards with Google and maybe via Live Sync as you mentioned. 

Martin 

<p>Whether it is a "Live Sync" or  a simple import/export of vCards (any version) doesn't really matter at present, because the current Pegasus Mail address book is very limited in the number of data items it can hold. As well there are structural differences which cannot be avoided. Even things like vCard sets will need some conversion. So until the finalized layout of the new version of Pegasus Mail is published, it will not be possible to program a conversion process.</p><p>For now there are a number of third party apps, that can exchange vCards with Google and maybe via Live Sync as you mentioned. </p><p>Martin </p>

Great news from David about the new version he has been working on.

With specific reference to the Address Book, will it be possible to connect to Google Contacts?

Although I do not particularly like the fact that Google seem to invade almost every aspect of our technology based lives, there are so many devices that will interface to Google Contacts that it has become the easiest way of getting the same data from one device to another, (PC, Mac, Android and IPhones, IPAD and tablets etc etc)

If "live" sync is not possible, then support for the VCard format would be a good idea, as this is easier to integrate than CSV or TXT import/export. The only thing to watch out for is the format of the VCF File (v2.1, 3.0, 4.0). I have several devices and packages that all support VCF and, providing one is aware of the format to use, it is a painless way of getting an address book from one device/software to another. Google Contacts, for example, will export using Vcard format 3.0 but will happily import Vcard 2.1. I have used this method for years to get contact details from our master address book into the House phone system (Siemens Gigaset IP based DECT system), Smartphones (Android), PC and Mac.

<p>Great news from David about the new version he has been working on.</p><p>With specific reference to the Address Book, will it be possible to connect to Google Contacts?</p><p>Although I do not particularly like the fact that Google seem to invade almost every aspect of our technology based lives, there are so many devices that will interface to Google Contacts that it has become the easiest way of getting the same data from one device to another, (PC, Mac, Android and IPhones, IPAD and tablets etc etc)</p><p>If "live" sync is not possible, then support for the VCard format would be a good idea, as this is easier to integrate than CSV or TXT import/export. The only thing to watch out for is the format of the VCF File (v2.1, 3.0, 4.0). I have several devices and packages that all support VCF and, providing one is aware of the format to use, it is a painless way of getting an address book from one device/software to another. Google Contacts, for example, will export using Vcard format 3.0 but will happily import Vcard 2.1. I have used this method for years to get contact details from our master address book into the House phone system (Siemens Gigaset IP based DECT system), Smartphones (Android), PC and Mac. </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft