Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus dies on me

[quote user="James Plummer"]

I have been a user of Pegasus for  over 10 years.  Recently I have had this problem, that Pegasus just  crashes . Sometimes I am writing an email, and am in the program for some time and  VROOM  everything crashes and all the information is gone, and Pegasus crashes. I  now have to first write  my email in MSWord, and then copy and paste into Pegasus in case it crashes again. I  saw some reference regarding antivirus that may be causing it. I wrote to Pegasus sometime back, but my email was ignored.

Where did you write?  I can't think of any mail that is ever ignored.

Is there any method to fix this inconvenience. Changing from Pegause to another email would set me back years, so i am forced to stick with Pegasus, can anyone help me to solve this problem.

James

[/quote]

Strange, what version of WinPMail are you using?   In any case, what kind of crash are you getting?  Are there error messages saying the program has crashed (usually 3 of these) or does the program simply go away.  If you get the crash messages you then need to look at what is happening to Pegasus Mail; if the program simply goes away then you need to look at the system level to find the program/function  that crashed that caused the OS to shutdown WinPMail.  You mentioned the anti-virus program.  Which one are you using, some are worse than others.  Are you using an anti-virus proxy between WinPMail and the server?  Is the anti-virus program scanning the WinPMail directories?  Either of these could cause a crash if the anti-virus program grabs a file away from WinPMail for any reason.

[quote user="James Plummer"]<p>I have been a user of Pegasus for  over 10 years.  Recently I have had this problem, that Pegasus just  crashes . Sometimes I am writing an email, and am in the program for some time and  VROOM  everything crashes and all the information is gone, and Pegasus crashes. I  now have to first write  my email in MSWord, and then copy and paste into Pegasus in case it crashes again. I  saw some reference regarding antivirus that may be causing it. I wrote to Pegasus sometime back, but my email was ignored. </p><p>Where did you write?  I can't think of any mail that is ever ignored.  </p><p>Is there any method to fix this inconvenience. Changing from Pegause to another email would set me back years, so i am forced to stick with Pegasus, can anyone help me to solve this problem.</p> <p>James</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Strange, what version of WinPMail are you using?   In any case, what kind of crash are you getting?  Are there error messages saying the program has crashed (usually 3 of these) or does the program simply go away.  If you get the crash messages you then need to look at what is happening to Pegasus Mail; if the program simply goes away then you need to look at the system level to find the program/function  that crashed that caused the OS to shutdown WinPMail.  You mentioned the anti-virus program.  Which one are you using, some are worse than others.  Are you using an anti-virus proxy between WinPMail and the server?  Is the anti-virus program scanning the WinPMail directories?  Either of these could cause a crash if the anti-virus program grabs a file away from WinPMail for any reason. </p><p> </p>

I have been a user of Pegasus for  over 10 years.  Recently I have had this problem, that Pegasus just  crashes . Sometimes I am writing an email, and am in the program for some time and  VROOM  everything crashes and all the information is gone, and Pegasus crashes. I  now have to first write  my email in MSWord, and then copy and paste into Pegasus in case it crashes again. I  saw some reference regarding antivirus that may be causing it. I wrote to Pegasus sometime back, but my email was ignored. Is there any method to fix this inconvenience. Changing from Pegause to another email would set me back years, so i am forced to stick with Pegasus, can anyone help me to solve this problem.

James

<P>I have been a user of Pegasus for  over 10 years.  Recently I have had this problem, that Pegasus just  crashes . Sometimes I am writing an email, and am in the program for some time and  VROOM  everything crashes and all the information is gone, and Pegasus crashes. I  now have to first write  my email in MSWord, and then copy and paste into Pegasus in case it crashes again. I  saw some reference regarding antivirus that may be causing it. I wrote to Pegasus sometime back, but my email was ignored. Is there any method to fix this inconvenience. Changing from Pegause to another email would set me back years, so i am forced to stick with Pegasus, can anyone help me to solve this problem.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>James</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft