Community Discussions and Support
IMAP: messages are shown corrupted

Dear Community,

from several IMAP sources (local as well as INET) I have different IMAP mailboxes, but the effect described here is with some mailboxes all the same:
Some do, but some don't show up correct, instead the selected message is opened with (German) failure note

"Diese Nachricht enthält binäre Daten, die nicht im Vorschau-Modus innerhalb von Pegasus Mail angezeigt werden können.
   Dateiname:   ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ
Sie können die Datei jedoch in der Nachrichtenanzeige im Bereich 'Anhänge' bearbeiten."
<Meaning a text-line with an error, but no mail itself and no attachments...>

However these mails are not corrupted, they can be opened with different mail-clients (!), e.g. direct INET-mailbox-clients or with another mail-client TB/Outlook only in PMail it isn't shown.

I remember there was/is some "cache" or temp-file which should be manually deleted/renamed ...

Hope you can post some help, thanks in advance.

BR, Netzliebling

PMAIL V. 4.51/German

&lt;p&gt;Dear Community,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;from several IMAP sources (local as well as INET) I have different IMAP mailboxes, but the effect described here is with some mailboxes all the same: Some do, but some don&#039;t show up correct, instead the selected message is opened with (German) failure note &quot;Diese Nachricht enth&auml;lt bin&auml;re Daten, die nicht im Vorschau-Modus innerhalb von Pegasus Mail angezeigt werden k&ouml;nnen. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Dateiname:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave;&Igrave; Sie k&ouml;nnen die Datei jedoch in der Nachrichtenanzeige im Bereich &#039;Anh&auml;nge&#039; bearbeiten.&quot; &lt;i&gt;&amp;lt;Meaning a text-line with an error, but no mail itself and no attachments...&amp;gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;However these mails are not corrupted, they can be opened with different mail-clients (!), e.g. direct INET-mailbox-clients or with another mail-client TB/Outlook only in PMail it isn&#039;t shown. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I remember there was/is some &quot;cache&quot; or temp-file which should be manually deleted/renamed ...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Hope you can post some help, thanks in advance.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;BR, Netzliebling&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;__________________&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;PMAIL V. 4.51/German &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft