Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Archival of Old Trays Folders and Messages, bbut still be accessible in Pegasus

May I suggest that you look at a General Ruleset, and use the "Age older than" rule with an Action set to Move the message to a seperate folder.  Notice that the Age rule can be either a number of days old or older than a specific date.  Attach the rule to the folder to be controlled.

This will require the setup of a series of folders with similar name to the originals (but not identical). I would suggest names such as "Arc-Mainfolder" so that you can see all your archive folders grouped together to monitor the archived capacity using Windows Explorer or one of the Pegasus Mail tools  (ie PMRestArch)

Martin 

<p>May I suggest that you look at a General Ruleset, and use the "Age older than" rule with an Action set to Move <span style="font-size: 10pt;">the message to a seperate folder.  Notice that the Age rule can be either a number of days old or older than a specific date.  Attach the rule to the folder to be controlled.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">This will require the setup of a series of folders with similar name to the originals (but not identical). I would suggest names such as "Arc-Mainfolder" so that you can see all your archive folders grouped together to monitor the archived capacity using Windows Explorer or one of the Pegasus Mail tools  (ie PMRestArch)</span></p><p>Martin </p>

Hello Pegasorum:

Please add an archive feature.

In 2010, I asked about an Archiving system in Pegasus. I see that others have also posted the same kind of thing over the years. As far as I know, Pegasus does not yet to have an archive feature.

I am using Pegasus 4.63 on Win 7, x64 (updated) in single-user mode. The Pegasus Data Folder is 5.93GB with 7372 files .

I would like to pare down several hundred Trays, folders and messages in my current "My Mailbox" by selectively archiving them in a different folder. No only am I required by law to keep the old information, I have to be able to access it and the files (many many) that are attached to the messages. So I need to be able to find and read them with Pegasus, but only when necessary.

What I actually need is a slimmed down set of "My Mailbox" Folders, and a second set of "Archive" folders. The "Archive" could contain all those folders now in "My Mailbox". But they would remain static and would currently be unattached to Pegasus. However, they would be available so that I could access those Archives on occasion, but only when needed.

Is such a feature in development?

Or, is there a good method of doing this that I (and others, I suspect) are missing?

Thank you for any comments or suggestions.

Peter

Hello Pegasorum: Please add an archive feature. In 2010, I asked about an Archiving system in Pegasus. I see that others have also posted the same kind of thing over the years. As far as I know, Pegasus does not yet to have an archive feature. I am using Pegasus 4.63 on Win 7, x64 (updated) in single-user mode. The Pegasus Data Folder is 5.93GB with 7372 files . I would like to pare down several hundred Trays, folders and messages in my current "My Mailbox" by selectively archiving them in a different folder. No only am I required by law to keep the old information, I have to be able to access it and the files (many many) that are attached to the messages. So I need to be able to find and read them with Pegasus, but only when necessary. What I actually need is a slimmed down set of "My Mailbox" Folders, and a second set of "Archive" folders. The "Archive" could contain all those folders now in "My Mailbox". But they would remain static and would currently be unattached to Pegasus. However, they would be available so that I could access those Archives on occasion, but only when needed. Is such a feature in development? Or, is there a good method of doing this that I (and others, I suspect) are missing? Thank you for any comments or suggestions. Peter
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft