Extension development
SpamHalter and/or Content Filter ??

Thanks for the reply.

It's working well with only the odd email getting past.
I'll leave it whilst it works.

<P>Thanks for the reply.</P> <P>It's working well with only the odd email getting past. I'll leave it whilst it works.</P>

I've been using content filter & transaction filter for a while and this has worked well.
I aslo had spamassassin working.

Recently I installed SpamHalter, and removed the spam assassin policy.
I've noticed that pretty much all the spam is being caught by Spam Halter.

So the question is should I use Content Filter and SpamHalter or not ??

Comments, suggestions and advice please :)

<p>I've been using content filter & transaction filter for a while and this has worked well. I aslo had spamassassin working.</p><p>Recently I installed SpamHalter, and removed the spam assassin policy. I've noticed that pretty much all the spam is being caught by Spam Halter.</p><p>So the question is should I use Content Filter and SpamHalter or not ??</p><p>Comments, suggestions and advice please :)  </p><p> </p><p>  </p>

Different tools for different jobs:

SpamHalter can LEARN the characterisitics of SPAM messages based on examples fed to it. On that basis, it can TAG messages based on the likelyhood of them being SPAM and allow you to process the messages as you wish. Remember that new forms of SPAM appear every day.

Content control is for a more fixed rule approach to certain messages. It will only learn as you add rules to the list. So, if you want to check on the use of a certain expletive, add it to the list. Then, when the rule triggers, set some action to be performed.

In my environment, SPAMHALTER only checks incoming messages and Content Control is only performed on mail originating internally.

<p>Different tools for different jobs:</p><p>SpamHalter can LEARN the characterisitics of SPAM messages based on examples fed to it. On that basis, it can TAG messages based on the likelyhood of them being SPAM and allow you to process the messages as you wish. Remember that new forms of SPAM appear every day. </p><p>Content control is for a more fixed rule approach to certain messages. It will only learn as you add rules to the list. So, if you want to check on the use of a certain expletive, add it to the list. Then, when the rule triggers, set some action to be performed. </p><p>In my environment, SPAMHALTER only checks incoming messages and Content Control is only performed on mail originating internally.</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft