Community Discussions and Support
Using a distribution list for automatic copies of outgoing mails.

Oh well I've done it with separate filter rules but at least I was able to use notepad to copy all the addresses from my list file and then just paste in the rest of the text, quicker than setting up the rules one at a time and an advantage of using proper text files for the filtering rules!

Oh well I've done it with separate filter rules but at least I was able to use notepad to copy all the addresses from my list file and then just paste in the rest of the text, quicker than setting up the rules one at a time and an advantage of using proper text files for the filtering rules!

We already use the scanlist feature in the Mercury filtering tool to automatically copy emails FROM a number of key dealers to certain senior staff.   I have been asked by our financial director if I can also automatically copy him on any emails TO people on the same list.   I may well be particularly dim but I can't see an obvious way to do this without resorting to another attempt to write a daemon.   Does anyone know a simple way to achieve what I am trying to do please.

Thanks

Chris 

<p>We already use the scanlist feature in the Mercury filtering tool to automatically copy emails <b>FROM</b> a number of key dealers to certain senior staff.   I have been asked by our financial director if I can also automatically copy him on any emails <b>TO</b> people on the same list.   I may well be particularly dim but I can't see an obvious way to do this without resorting to another attempt to write a daemon.   Does anyone know a simple way to achieve what I am trying to do please.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Chris </p>

Wouldn't a global To filter rule work? (then forward the mail either to a distribution list or directly to the copy-to recipient)

Wouldn't a global To filter rule work? (then forward the mail either to a distribution list or directly to the copy-to recipient)

Would I not need to do a separate rule for every one of the key dealers?   I rather wanted to avoid this, the Scan list for incoming works very well for me what I really wanted to do was something similar for outgoing, i.e. a scanlist working on the recipient rather than the sender.   Using the same list for both tasks is going to make maintenance a lot easier!

Would I not need to do a separate rule for every one of the key dealers?   I rather wanted to avoid this, the Scan list for incoming works very well for me what I really wanted to do was something similar for outgoing, i.e. a scanlist working on the recipient rather than the sender.   Using the same list for both tasks is going to make maintenance a lot easier!

Any more ideas from anyone or should I start writing separate rules for each of the key dealers to copy emails to them to the users affected.

<p>Any more ideas from anyone or should I start writing separate rules for each of the key dealers to copy emails to them to the users affected.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft