Mercury Suggestions
Mercury as an open source project

Mercury isn't free though. It is licensed software.

http://community.pmail.com/pmail/MercuryPricing.aspx 

As Thomas already stated, There is Squirrelmail for webmail, and with use of daemons  (even with out them) Mercury is already powerfull. Spamhalter, Greywall and Content Control and even the standard filtering Rules... and more...

<p>Mercury<b> isn't</b> free though. It is licensed software.</p><p> http://community.pmail.com/pmail/MercuryPricing.aspx </p><p> </p><p> As Thomas already stated, There is Squirrelmail for webmail, and with use of daemons  (even with out them) Mercury is already powerfull. Spamhalter, Greywall and Content Control and even the standard filtering Rules... and more... </p>

Since the software is free, why don't turn the software into open source project?

may be some expert can

1. convert it to real window service

2. develop a powerfull webmail

3. enhance the features

4. ...

just my 2 cents
<DIV>Since the software is free, why don't turn the software into open source project?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>may be some expert can</DIV> <DIV>1. convert it to real window service</DIV> <DIV>2. develop a powerfull webmail</DIV> <DIV>3. enhance the features</DIV> <DIV>4. ...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>just my 2 cents</DIV>

[quote user="eddiekoo"]

Since the software is free, why don't turn the software into open source project?

may be some expert can

1. convert it to real window service

2. develop a powerfull webmail

3. enhance the features

4. ...

just my 2 cents

[/quote]

Mercury/32 is not free, it is licensed software.  FWIW though some experts are enhancing it's features via the daemon process.  I find the NT Wrapper makes Mercury/32 work quite well as a service, Squirrelmail serves as the webmail system (there are many others) and Spamhalter, Graywall POPFileD and Clamwall work quite well to add the integrated anti-spam and anti-virus features.  Open source would do nothing more as far as I can see.

[quote user="eddiekoo"]<div>Since the software is free, why don't turn the software into open source project?</div> <div> </div> <div>may be some expert can</div> <div>1. convert it to real window service</div> <div>2. develop a powerfull webmail</div> <div>3. enhance the features</div> <div>4. ...</div> <div> </div> <div>just my 2 cents</div><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Mercury/32 is not free, it is licensed software.  FWIW though some experts are enhancing it's features via the daemon process.  I find the NT Wrapper makes Mercury/32 work quite well as a service, Squirrelmail serves as the webmail system (there are many others) and Spamhalter, Graywall POPFileD and Clamwall work quite well to add the integrated anti-spam and anti-virus features.  Open source would do nothing more as far as I can see.</p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft