Community Discussions and Support
Mercury.nlm v1.48 home dir on OES linux 9

Thank You for reply

I have made some tests and I found only this:

If the home directory is on OES ext3 volume, the CNM file is written like Y05856?CNM

If the directory is on OES NSS volume, no new file is created.

There is something wrong in writing files.

<p>Thank You for reply</p><p> I have made some tests and I found only this:</p><p>If the home directory is on OES ext3 volume, the CNM file is written like Y05856?CNM</p><p>If the directory is on OES NSS volume, no new file is created.</p><p> There is something wrong in writing files. </p>

I have migrated all my user home dir's from my netware 6.X box to a OES linux 9 box any new home dir that I create displays the message in MCore...

* Warning: stat failure 1 k14oes1/vol2:/private/username/PMAIL/message.CNM

the message of the same # shows up in the pmail dir of the user but not in the pegasus client.

any help?

<P>I have migrated all my user home dir's from my netware 6.X box to a OES linux 9 box any new home dir that I create displays the message in MCore...</P> <P>* Warning: stat failure 1 k14oes1/vol2:/private/username/PMAIL/message.CNM</P> <P>the message of the same # shows up in the pmail dir of the user but not in the pegasus client.</P> <P>any help?</P>

Start by checking the normal suspects: File rights, home directory attributes, volume and directory quotas.

David.

<p>Start by checking the normal suspects: File rights, home directory attributes, volume and directory quotas.</p><p>David. </p><p> </p>

All file rights - supervisor are assinged to the user NDS has the proper volume and path no quotas on volume or dir are assinged.

The  NDS configuration utility creates the mail box with no errors.

there may be one hint the  file created by a sent message with the extention .CNM the "." is replaced by an invalid asci character. a square...

what causes the error?  is that it cannot accesses the dir?

<P>All file rights - supervisor are assinged to the user NDS has the proper volume and path no quotas on volume or dir are assinged.</P> <P>The  NDS configuration utility creates the mail box with no errors.</P> <P>there may be one hint the  file created by a sent message with the extention .CNM the "." is replaced by an invalid asci character. a square...</P> <P>what causes the error?  is that it cannot accesses the dir?</P>

I have exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution?

File rights are correct, no quotas on volume, home dir specified in edirectory.

In ncore module I got a message:  Warning stat failure 1, srv/data:home\user/PMAIL/Y05856.CNM

This problem I have on OES volume only, users on Netware volume are OK.

<p>I have exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution?</p><p>File rights are correct, no quotas on volume, home dir specified in edirectory.</p><p>In ncore module I got a message:  Warning stat failure 1, srv/data:home\user/PMAIL/Y05856.CNM</p><p> This problem I have on OES volume only, users on Netware volume are OK. </p>

I have exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution?

File rights are correct, no quotas on volume, home dir specified in edirectory.

In ncore module I got a message:  Warning stat failure 1, srv/data:home\user/PMAIL/Y05856.CNM

This problem I have on OES volume only, users on Netware volume are OK.
My first guess that there is something going on in the writing to the directory that produces a invalid file.  The why is more of a problem since I'm using a Samba volume for my mailboxes without any problems at all.   
<blockquote><p>I have exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution?</p><p>File rights are correct, no quotas on volume, home dir specified in edirectory.</p><p>In ncore module I got a message:  Warning stat failure 1, srv/data:home\user/PMAIL/Y05856.CNM</p></blockquote><blockquote> This problem I have on OES volume only, users on Netware volume are OK.</blockquote>My first guess that there is something going on in the writing to the directory that produces a invalid file.  The why is more of a problem since I'm using a Samba volume for my mailboxes without any problems at all.   
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft