Community Discussions and Support
DELETING ATTACHMENTS FROM INCOMING SPAM MAIL

I f you want to be really lazy, (don't we all)  then simply create a rule to automatically delete messages from your Spam folder when they are more than "n" days old.

Martin 

<p>I f you want to be really lazy, (don't we all)  then simply create a rule to automatically delete messages from your Spam folder when they are more than "n" days old.</p><p>Martin </p>

I've tried to reduce the size of my SPAMHALTER spam folder by deleteing attachments. I have a number of large spam zip files.

I cannot delete these attachments from the spam folder, however, I can delete them from my new mail folder.

I assume this is a bug, if so is there a resolution? If not anyone else have this problem?  

<P>I've tried to reduce the size of my SPAMHALTER spam folder by deleteing attachments. I have a number of large spam zip files.</P> <P>I cannot delete these attachments from the spam folder, however, I can delete them from my new mail folder.</P> <P>I assume this is a bug, if so is there a resolution? If not anyone else have this problem?  </P>

Hello,

This is not a bug, it is by design. The only way to alter a message is while it is in the NewMail directory where it is a discrete file (*.cnm).

Martin 

<p>Hello,</p><p>This is not a bug, it is by design. The only way to alter a message is while it is in the NewMail directory where it is a discrete file (*.cnm).</p><p>Martin </p>

Why keep messages in the SpamHalter folder? After they have been placed there, their characteristics are already in the database.  Just delete all these messages and free up all the space.  I delete mine as soon as I determine that they really are spam.

As already noted, you can only delete attachments when each message is an individual file -- this occurs only when the messages are in the New Mail folder, and possibly when in a Public folder. 

<p>Why keep messages in the SpamHalter folder? After they have been placed there, their characteristics are already in the database.  Just delete all these messages and free up all the space.  I delete mine as soon as I determine that they really are spam. </p><p>As already noted, you can only delete attachments when each message is an individual file -- this occurs only when the messages are in the New Mail folder, and possibly when in a Public folder. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft