Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Possibly inane question

Hi

Yes indeed 6.54 is top notch - with later versions of Mailwasher all filters have to be recreated as the two are incompatible - bad development strategy,

I have been using Mailwasher for years and over time have built up a very effective list of filters to delete mail from open proxy servers - 99.9% of which is spam. Anyone wishing to download this filter list from me is very welcome to do so.

<p>Hi</p><p>Yes indeed 6.54 is top notch - with later versions of Mailwasher all filters have to be recreated as the two are incompatible - bad development strategy,</p><p>I have been using Mailwasher for years and over time have built up a very effective list of filters to delete mail from open proxy servers - 99.9% of which is spam. Anyone wishing to download this filter list from me is very welcome to do so.</p>

Recently I have been experiencing a problem with the mail filtering portion of v 4.63.

I have gone through the effort of double-checking the filter instructions and they 'appear' to be okay.

Or is there a 'hidden' limit on the number of filter rules allowed.

OS is Windows XP Pro with current SP.

Thank You - Ralph Brigham.

ralph.alden.brigham at gmail dot com

<p>Recently I have been experiencing a problem with the mail filtering portion of v 4.63. </p><p>I have gone through the effort of double-checking the filter instructions and they 'appear' to be okay.</p><p>Or is there a 'hidden' limit on the number of filter rules allowed.</p><p>OS is Windows XP Pro with current SP.</p><p>Thank You - Ralph Brigham.</p><p>ralph.alden.brigham at gmail dot com </p>

To start with, you need to check if your filter is getting triggered. Add an "Always Action" to the set of filter rules, that changes the message color. Then send to yourself  a composed message that will trigger the new rules and check for colored message titles in your inbox.   If you don't see the colored message, the probable cause is a rule that runs before your wanted rule that is triggering.

HTH

Martin 

<p>To start with, you need to check if your filter is getting triggered. Add an "Always Action" to the set of filter rules, that changes the message color. Then send to yourself  a composed message that will trigger the new rules and check for colored message titles in your inbox.   If you don't see the colored message, the probable cause is a rule that runs before your wanted rule that is triggering.</p><p>HTH</p><p>Martin </p>

Ralph,

I've found it more convenient to use Mailwasher than to endlessly devise filters, even as easy and sensible as Pegasus makes filtering. Mailwasher previews headers and some of the text of emails and you check boxes for deleting from your ISP mailbox and reporting to SpamCop, among other amenities. Blacklisting automatically marks mails for deletion from the ISP mailbox so that suspicious or unwanted emails never get to your computer.You can recover accidentally deleted mail (or enough to recover from the error).  I have Mailwasher load and check mail on boot-up and load Pegasus upon the first processing, then check every 10 minutes. All this is very configurable. I much prefer version 6.54 to version(s) 7, which I consider ugly and cumbersome and unworthy of combining with Pegasus. If you are not already a Mailwasher user you can find a download link for 6.54 on the support page. Your mileage may vary... but you might take a look at Mailwasher if you haven't before.

Rhonda of the Mountain

<p>Ralph,</p><p> I've found it more convenient to use Mailwasher than to endlessly devise filters, even as easy and sensible as Pegasus makes filtering. Mailwasher previews headers and some of the text of emails and you check boxes for deleting from your ISP mailbox and reporting to SpamCop, among other amenities. Blacklisting automatically marks mails for deletion from the ISP mailbox so that suspicious or unwanted emails never get to your computer.You can recover accidentally deleted mail (or enough to recover from the error).  I have Mailwasher load and check mail on boot-up and load Pegasus upon the first processing, then check every 10 minutes. All this is very configurable. I much prefer version 6.54 to version(s) 7, which I consider ugly and cumbersome and unworthy of combining with Pegasus. If you are not already a Mailwasher user you can find a download link for 6.54 on the support page. Your mileage may vary... but you might take a look at Mailwasher if you haven't before. </p><p>Rhonda of the Mountain </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft