Community Discussions and Support
Wrong number of messages shown in caption

[quote user="David Harris"]

Works fine for me...  I can only fix problems I know about, and increasingly, I can only fix problems I can reproduce.

If you can tell me how to duplicate this error, I'll be happy to look into it for you, but I've just spent about ten minutes deleting, moving, adding and otherwise shuffling things in and out of folders, and in all cases, the title bar updated correctly.

[/quote]

I've seen this in all Windows installations of  Pmail I had or have done for somebody. Perhaps it is what mr. Bogaerde wrote, although I do not use the WindowBar.

Here are few window-grabs of my Pmail window (got new mail, moving to junk, deleteing) -> my Pmail window-grabs

Perhaps it helps you recreate it ...

Bye, LesLes

[quote user="David Harris"]<p>Works fine for me...  I can only fix problems I know about, and increasingly, I can only fix problems I can reproduce. If you can tell me how to duplicate this error, I'll be happy to look into it for you, but I've just spent about ten minutes deleting, moving, adding and otherwise shuffling things in and out of folders, and in all cases, the title bar updated correctly. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I've seen this in all Windows installations of  Pmail I had or have done for somebody. Perhaps it is what mr. <a href="http://community.pmail.com/members/jaabogae.aspx"></a>Bogaerde wrote, although I do not use the WindowBar. Here are few window-grabs of my Pmail window (got new mail, moving to junk, deleteing) -> <a href="http://www.geocities.com/lesles_aa/pmail.html" target="_blank" mce_href="http://www.geocities.com/lesles_aa/pmail.html">my Pmail window-grabs</a> </p><p>Perhaps it helps you recreate it ...</p><p>Bye, LesLes  </p><p> </p><p> </p>

While the "Folder Manager" window shows correct number of messages in folders, the number of messages in the caption of folder windows does not.

When a message is moved from one folder to another, or when new messages arrive to "New mail", "Main folder", "Copies to self" and similar folders, the number of messages in folder caption does not change!

The most annoying situation is a "New mail" folder full of messages having "(0 messages)" in caption!

I'm looking at this feature persisting trough several Pmail updates (yes, that's several years, I'm an old Pmail user :) ) ...

It wouldn't bother me so much if I wouldn't have people I recently persuaded to switch to Pmail and this "feature" is kind of embarrassing ...

How come nobody fixed it so far? 

<p>While the "Folder Manager" window shows correct number of messages in folders, the number of messages in the caption of folder windows does not. When a message is moved from one folder to another, or when new messages arrive to "New mail", "Main folder", "Copies to self" and similar folders, the number of messages in folder caption does not change! The most annoying situation is a "New mail" folder full of messages having "(0 messages)" in caption! I'm looking at this feature persisting trough several Pmail updates (yes, that's several years, I'm an old Pmail user :) ) ... It wouldn't bother me so much if I wouldn't have people I recently persuaded to switch to Pmail and this "feature" is kind of embarrassing ... </p><p>How come nobody fixed it so far? </p>

Works fine for me...  I can only fix problems I know about, and increasingly, I can only fix problems I can reproduce.

If you can tell me how to duplicate this error, I'll be happy to look into it for you, but I've just spent about ten minutes deleting, moving, adding and otherwise shuffling things in and out of folders, and in all cases, the title bar updated correctly.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>Works fine for me...  I can only fix problems I know about, and increasingly, I can only fix problems I can reproduce. If you can tell me how to duplicate this error, I'll be happy to look into it for you, but I've just spent about ten minutes deleting, moving, adding and otherwise shuffling things in and out of folders, and in all cases, the title bar updated correctly. Cheers! -- David --  </p>

[quote user="lesles"]

While the "Folder Manager" window shows correct number of messages in folders, the number of messages in the caption of folder windows does not.

[/quote]

I only see this happening when you open the new mail folder from  the WindowBar (in the bottom of the screen, active when the blue arrow is pointing downwards). I now that caption is not updated when new mail is moving in or out folders.

Perhaps is that what you mean?

[quote user="lesles"]<p>While the "Folder Manager" window shows correct number of messages in folders, the number of messages in the caption of folder windows does not. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I only see this happening when you open the new mail folder from  the WindowBar (in the bottom of the screen, active when the blue arrow is pointing downwards). I now that caption is not updated when new mail is moving in or out folders. </p><p>Perhaps is that what you mean?</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft