Extension development
Subsequently removing of attachments

Hi Martin,

Sounds good in general. But I have to "clean" a lot of folders of my 10 users. When all affected mails are being moved to the user's inbox again, I have to sort them subsequently and manually to the original folders back. That's a lot of work.

Background: In Germany we have to store all business related conversation for up to 10 years. To avoid huge incoming folders I create "year" folders for every new year where read mails are automatically being moved to. Once a year I maintain the older folders of the last years for removing big attachments.

I would wish a tool where I could select a folder and set an attachment size which should be searched and removed for all mails inside this folder.

Best regards

Joerg

<p>Hi Martin,</p><p>Sounds good in general. But I have to "clean" a lot of folders of my 10 users. When all affected mails are being moved to the user's inbox again, I have to sort them subsequently and manually to the original folders back. That's a lot of work.</p><p>Background: In Germany we have to store all business related conversation for up to 10 years. To avoid huge incoming folders I create "year" folders for every new year where read mails are automatically being moved to. Once a year I maintain the older folders of the last years for removing big attachments.</p><p>I would wish a tool where I could select a folder and set an attachment size which should be searched and removed for all mails inside this folder. </p><p>Best regards</p><p>Joerg </p>

Hi Guys,

At least once a year I have to make some maintenance on our different Pmail user accounts. Beside other things I'm also searching for the biggest attachments in each of the different Pmail subfolders of our users. Therein I often found attachments up to 40 MB in size. And this takes so many disk space especially when the attachment has already been saved at our file server.

I would highly appreciate a small Pmail tool which allows to search within certain Pmail folders for special attachment extentions like pdf, jpg, dwg, ... to delete them from all emails of that folder  subsequently.

Presently I have to search for the biggest emails, move them to the "new mail folder", remove the attachments and move the mail back to its destination folder. This is such a big effort...

Cheers

Joerg

<p>Hi Guys,</p><p>At least once a year I have to make some maintenance on our different Pmail user accounts. Beside other things I'm also searching for the biggest attachments in each of the different Pmail subfolders of our users. Therein I often found attachments up to 40 MB in size. And this takes so many disk space especially when the attachment has already been saved at our file server. </p><p>I would highly appreciate a small Pmail tool which allows to search within certain Pmail folders for special attachment extentions like pdf, jpg, dwg, ... to delete them from all emails of that folder  subsequently. </p><p>Presently I have to search for the biggest emails, move them to the "new mail folder", remove the attachments and move the mail back to its destination folder. This is such a big effort...</p><p>Cheers</p><p>Joerg </p>

I don't know if one exists, but any extension would do what you are doing manually right now. There is no API access to folders until Pegasus Mail V5.

I suspect that it would be fairly straight forward to extract an attachment from a message, and leave a trail in the message, pointing to the file in some directory, where you could leave it or dispose of it. 

Let me think on this a while, and maybe I will be able to code up a demo, and then you can focus on what your needs are.

Martin 

<p>I don't know if one exists, but any extension would do what you are doing manually right now. There is no API access to folders until Pegasus Mail V5.</p><p>I suspect that it would be fairly straight forward to extract an attachment from a message, and leave a trail in the message, pointing to the file in some directory, where you could leave it or dispose of it. </p><p>Let me think on this a while, and maybe I will be able to code up a demo, and then you can focus on what your needs are.</p><p>Martin </p>

Thanks a lot for your reply, Martin

Please let me know when you seriously intent to develop such an extension. Then I would give you all of my wishes in this regard for a clear specification.

Best regards

Joerg

<p>Thanks a lot for your reply, Martin</p><p>Please let me know when you seriously intent to develop such an extension. Then I would give you all of my wishes in this regard for a clear specification.</p><p>Best regards</p><p>Joerg </p>

I suspect that it would be fairly straight forward to extract an attachment from a message, and leave a trail in the message, pointing to the file in some directory, where you could leave it or dispose of it.

<colgroup><col width="128" style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:4681;width:96pt"><p> </p></colgroup>

http://www.passguide.net/
http://www.passguide.net/vce/SY0-301-pdf.html
www.fcc.edu

&lt;p&gt;I suspect that it would be fairly straight forward to extract an attachment from a message, and leave a trail in the message, pointing to the file in some directory, where you could leave it or dispose of it.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;________________________________________________&lt;/p&gt;&lt;table border=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; width=&quot;128&quot; style=&quot;border-collapse: collapse; width: 96pt;&quot;&gt; &lt;colgroup&gt;&lt;col width=&quot;128&quot; style=&quot;mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:4681;width:96pt&quot;&gt; &lt;/colgroup&gt;&lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr height=&quot;20&quot; style=&quot;height:15.0pt&quot;&gt; &lt;td height=&quot;20&quot; width=&quot;128&quot; style=&quot;height:15.0pt;width:96pt&quot;&gt;[url=http://www.passguide.net]http://www.passguide.net/[/url]&lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr height=&quot;20&quot; style=&quot;height:15.0pt&quot;&gt; &lt;td height=&quot;20&quot; style=&quot;height:15.0pt&quot;&gt;[url=http://www.passguide.net/vce/SY0-301-pdf.html]http://www.passguide.net/vce/SY0-301-pdf.html[/url]&lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr height=&quot;21&quot; style=&quot;height:15.75pt&quot;&gt; &lt;td height=&quot;21&quot; class=&quot;xl64&quot; style=&quot;height:15.75pt&quot;&gt;[url=http://www.fcc.edu/]www.fcc.edu[/url]&lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Just to let you know I have an extension called NoteSplit (available on Community), that extracts messages from folders and places the individual messages in separate files (*.cnm) in your NewMail folder.  In the process of doing this I have to rebuild the attachments. I could possibly redirect the actual attachment content into a separate file under user supplied names and locations,  and add the location info in place of the attachment in the original message.  I will look into this solution.   

Martin 

&lt;p&gt;Just to let you know I have an extension called NoteSplit (available on Community), that extracts messages from folders and places the individual messages in separate files (*.cnm) in your NewMail folder. &amp;nbsp;In the process of doing this I have to rebuild the attachments. I could possibly redirect the actual attachment content into a separate file under user supplied names and locations, &amp;nbsp;and add the location info in place of the attachment in the original message. &amp;nbsp;I will look into this solution. &amp;nbsp;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft