Pegasus Mail Suggestions
address book drag and drop

As a matter of interest, up until I don't know just when -- the rollout of PMail V3.x, perhaps - ? -- it was in fact possible to move an address book entry from one book to another, in one operation, at least under an OS prior to XP.  

Holding down the ALT key while dragging & dropping moved the entry; same with the CTL key just copied the entry.  

Why this function was deprecated I do not know.  Perhaps the ALT key was being captured by another process, or perhaps too many errors resulted.  Or perhaps it simply was a byproduct of other OS changes, without intention.  

I miss it, myself.  Now it takes two steps to do what formerly could be done in one.  

- Christopher Muñoz

<font size="1">As a matter of interest, up until I don't know just when -- the rollout of PMail V3.x, perhaps - ? -- it was in fact possible to move an address book entry from one book to another, in one operation, at least under an OS prior to XP.   Holding down the ALT key while dragging & dropping moved the entry; same with the CTL key just copied the entry.   Why this function was deprecated I do not know.  Perhaps the ALT key was being captured by another process, or perhaps too many errors resulted.  Or perhaps it simply was a byproduct of other OS changes, without intention.   I miss it, myself.  Now it takes two steps to do what formerly could be done in one.   - Christopher Muñoz </font>

As my address book enlarges I want to sort it out, but I cannot see a way to drag ad drop addresses from one book to another.  If it is not already a feature, could it be added please ?

As my address book enlarges I want to sort it out, but I cannot see a way to drag ad drop addresses from one book to another.  If it is not already a feature, could it be added please ?

Well !  Isn't that always the way.  As soon as you ask, you discover that it does drag and copy, though not drag, delete and drop, so I still have to go back to the original book and delete the duplicate.  Maybe a right-click menu would help with the usual, cut, copy, paste, delete options, the last avoiding the time consuming business of moving the mouse up to the Entries box to select delete and then click on confirm.  Maybe all deleted addresses could be automatically moved to a trash bin for final deletion, then the route via the Entries box with its confirmation requirement could be removed.

Well !  Isn't that always the way.  As soon as you ask, you discover that it does drag and copy, though not drag, delete and drop, so I still have to go back to the original book and delete the duplicate.  Maybe a right-click menu would help with the usual, cut, copy, paste, delete options, the last avoiding the time consuming business of moving the mouse up to the Entries box to select delete and then click on confirm.  Maybe all deleted addresses could be automatically moved to a trash bin for final deletion, then the route via the Entries box with its confirmation requirement could be removed.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft