Community Discussions and Support
Downloading Messages

[quote user="chas"]

Hi Peter,

Thank you.

I can dowloand the messages using Netscape Messenger 4.8 and Thunderbird so the messages download. I've followed others instrcutiuons re: waht to input inot the POP3 Receving Mail and SMTP Outgoing Mail but it doesn't download the messages for soem reason. It says it's connecting the mail server but it never downloads.

I imagine it's the Settings but 2 Pegaus users said they were correct so I'm baffled.

I appreciaite your help and suggestions.

[/quote]

It's not the settings within Pegasus mail you have to work with.  It's never able to connect to the POP3 host.  You have to find out why your system is not allowing Pegasus Mail to connect to the outside world so it can connect to the POP3 host.

[quote user="chas"]<p>Hi Peter, Thank you. I can dowloand the messages using Netscape Messenger 4.8 and Thunderbird so the messages download. I've followed others instrcutiuons re: waht to input inot the POP3 Receving Mail and SMTP Outgoing Mail but it doesn't download the messages for soem reason. It says it's connecting the mail server but it never downloads.</p><p>I imagine it's the Settings but 2 Pegaus users said they were correct so I'm baffled.</p><p>I appreciaite your help and suggestions.  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>It's not the settings within Pegasus mail you have to work with.  It's never able to connect to the POP3 host.  You have to find out why your system is not allowing Pegasus Mail to connect to the outside world so it can connect to the POP3 host.</p><p> </p>

Hi,

Would David Harris be available to help?

I've spent the past 11 days with 2 other Pegasus users trying to help with my problem without success. 

I'm having major problems downloading messages using Pegasus 4.4.

I've typed in the correct POP address for receving messages and the correct e-mail address and user id and passwrod for my I-net web mail access but when I click  Check Host for New Mail it says it's connecting but it never downoads any messages. It then issues an Error message - POP3 Network Protocol Error - 2: Bad Address and then names my webmail's pop address which I got form my pop provider.

If I then click  Selective Mail download I get the same error message.

We can't figure out why it won't download messages. All the windows seem correct.

Thanks so much. 

<p>Hi, </p><p>Would David Harris be available to help? </p><p>I've spent the past 11 days with 2 other Pegasus users trying to help with my problem without success. </p><p>I'm having major problems downloading messages using Pegasus 4.4.</p><p>I've typed in the correct POP address for receving messages and the correct e-mail address and user id and passwrod for my I-net web mail access but when I click  Check Host for New Mail it says it's connecting but it never downoads any messages. It then issues an Error message - POP3 Network Protocol Error - 2: Bad Address and then names my webmail's pop address which I got form my pop provider. </p><p> If I then click  Selective Mail download I get the same error message.</p><p>We can't figure out why it won't download messages. All the windows seem correct.</p><p>Thanks so much. </p><p> </p>

What is the pop server address that you are trying to use?  It should be something like "pop.internetsite.com".

A common error that some people make is trying to use their email address instead of the server's address. 

<p>What is the pop server address that you are trying to use?  It should be something like "pop.internetsite.com".</p><p>A common error that some people make is trying to use their email address instead of the server's address. </p>

It's the same pop address I use for Thunderbird and downloads fine.

There's some step or other info that's missing which 2 other peole who use Pegasus can't figure out either why it won't download messages.

I even sent a friend screen captures of everything and they said it all looked fine to them. 

<p>It's the same pop address I use for Thunderbird and downloads fine. </p><p>There's some step or other info that's missing which 2 other peole who use Pegasus can't figure out either why it won't download messages.</p><p>I even sent a friend screen captures of everything and they said it all looked fine to them. </p>

try connecting manually from a command prompt: telnet hostname 110

Then type HELP and you know you have a connection. Try logging in, then run the LIST command, if you see the list your intel is good, and problem is within program settings.

<P>try connecting manually from a command prompt: telnet hostname 110</P> <P>Then type HELP and you know you have a connection. Try logging in, then run the LIST command, if you see the list your intel is good, and problem is within program settings.</P>

[quote user="chas"]

Hi,

Would David Harris be available to help?

I've spent the past 11 days with 2 other Pegasus users trying to help with my problem without success. 

I'm having major problems downloading messages using Pegasus 4.4.

I've typed in the correct POP address for receving messages and the correct e-mail address and user id and passwrod for my I-net web mail access but when I click  Check Host for New Mail it says it's connecting but it never downoads any messages. It then issues an Error message - POP3 Network Protocol Error - 2: Bad Address and then names my webmail's pop address which I got form my pop provider.

If I then click  Selective Mail download I get the same error message.

We can't figure out why it won't download messages. All the windows seem correct.

Thanks so much. 

[/quote]

Most of the time when you are sure the information is correct the problem is with the firewall not allowing Pegasus mail access to the Internet. 

[quote user="chas"]<p>Hi, </p><p>Would David Harris be available to help? </p><p>I've spent the past 11 days with 2 other Pegasus users trying to help with my problem without success. </p><p>I'm having major problems downloading messages using Pegasus 4.4.</p><p>I've typed in the correct POP address for receving messages and the correct e-mail address and user id and passwrod for my I-net web mail access but when I click  Check Host for New Mail it says it's connecting but it never downoads any messages. It then issues an Error message - POP3 Network Protocol Error - 2: Bad Address and then names my webmail's pop address which I got form my pop provider. </p><p> If I then click  Selective Mail download I get the same error message.</p><p>We can't figure out why it won't download messages. All the windows seem correct.</p><p>Thanks so much. </p><p> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> Most of the time when you are sure the information is correct the problem is with the firewall not allowing Pegasus mail access to the Internet.   </p>

Hi Peter,

Thank you.

I can dowloand the messages using Netscape Messenger 4.8 and Thunderbird so the messages download. I've followed others instrcutiuons re: waht to input inot the POP3 Receving Mail and SMTP Outgoing Mail but it doesn't download the messages for soem reason. It says it's connecting the mail server but it never downloads.

I imagine it's the Settings but 2 Pegaus users said they were correct so I'm baffled.

I appreciaite your help and suggestions. 

<p>Hi Peter, Thank you. I can dowloand the messages using Netscape Messenger 4.8 and Thunderbird so the messages download. I've followed others instrcutiuons re: waht to input inot the POP3 Receving Mail and SMTP Outgoing Mail but it doesn't download the messages for soem reason. It says it's connecting the mail server but it never downloads.</p><p>I imagine it's the Settings but 2 Pegaus users said they were correct so I'm baffled.</p><p>I appreciaite your help and suggestions. </p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft