Community Discussions and Support
Did Pegasus lost his mind ? I think I need help.

Hi all !

Well, although I checked my filtering rules before posting on the forum, I decided to give it another try since there was little chance of any kind of corruption in the filtering features of my dear Pegasus Mail. Note that this was the first suggestion of David, and it proved that I indeed put a rule that was not properly written, and here it is for the next idiots like me who should think deeper before crying out to the wolf : it is an expression based rule and it was of this form "if the headers contains *[special offer]* then move to folder X". Of course the error is in the use of "[]". Also, it is plainly trivial now that my problem had nothing to do whatsoever with Vincent's plug-in, it just happened that I updated the plug-in and put the new rule in the same period ... bad luck I guess.

Bye !

Ginhead.

<p>Hi all !</p><p>Well, although I checked my filtering rules before posting on the forum, I decided to give it another try since there was little chance of any kind of corruption in the filtering features of my dear Pegasus Mail. Note that this was the first suggestion of David, and it proved that I indeed put a rule that was not properly written, and here it is for the next idiots like me who should think deeper before crying out to the wolf : it is an expression based rule and it was of this form "if the headers contains *[special offer]* then move to folder X". Of course the error is in the use of "[]". Also, it is plainly trivial now that my problem had nothing to do whatsoever with Vincent's plug-in, it just happened that I updated the plug-in and put the new rule in the same period ... bad luck I guess.</p><p>Bye !</p><p>Ginhead.  </p>

Hi folks !

Well, there is something very strange going on with my installation of Pegasus Mail, it seems the program has gone mad or something like that. Everything was working fine, as usual, and then suddenly, all the incoming messages were moved to a particular folder, let's call it X. It seems it ignores the filtering rules. In the log window, there is a line saying "application of the rule for new messages : no message has triggered a rule" and then on the next immediate line I have "application of the rule for the new messages : K messages have been moved to X" where K is a natural number different from 0. I really do not know what to do guys, is it serious ?

Thanks in advance.

Ginhead. 

<p>Hi folks !</p><p>Well, there is something very strange going on with my installation of Pegasus Mail, it seems the program has gone mad or something like that. Everything was working fine, as usual, and then suddenly, all the incoming messages were moved to a particular folder, let's call it X. It seems it ignores the filtering rules. In the log window, there is a line saying "application of the rule for new messages : no message has triggered a rule" and then on the next immediate line I have "application of the rule for the new messages : K messages have been moved to X" where K is a natural number different from 0. I really do not know what to do guys, is it serious ?</p><p>Thanks in advance.</p><p>Ginhead. </p>

Doesn't ring any bells with me, sorry. Have you perhaps attached a filtering rule set to a folder inadvertently? Have you recently changed your rule sets in any way?

The rule processing code has been around for a long time and is pretty reliable... I suspect the problem is more likely to be a data error of some kind.

Cheers!

-- David --

Doesn't ring any bells with me, sorry. Have you perhaps attached a filtering rule set to a folder inadvertently? Have you recently changed your rule sets in any way? The rule processing code has been around for a long time and is pretty reliable... I suspect the problem is more likely to be a data error of some kind. Cheers! -- David --

Hi !

[quote user="David Harris"]

Have you perhaps attached a filtering rule set to a folder inadvertently?

[/quote] 

Unfortunately no, I double-checked before bringing this before you guys. What is weird though is that in all the filtering (and I have a lots of them), the ones saying "Move the message to folder X" are triggered by specific criteria, but automatically all my emails are send to this folder. I do not know if I am clear, so I will take an example : assume the only rule involving folder X is "If the sender is iLike@PegasusMail.com, then move the message to folder X", then my current problem is that whatever the sender is, the message still get moved to folder X.

Have you recently changed your rule sets in any way?

[/quote] 

I made some changes, but not to the filtering rule sets. I downloaded the great plug-in of Vincent and installed it around the 4th of August, and everything was working fine, the filtering included. Now yesterday, in the late afternoon, I updated the plug-in with the new version, and from this moment this strange moving-messages-to-folder-X pattern started. Thinking that my wimpm-32.exe was maybe corrupted, I downloaded another one from here, but it changed nothing. Then, I asked Vincent if he could send me the last version of his plug-in made just before he changed it here to deal with a DEP problem (involving the use of memory from what I understood), and he kindly put a version without the DEP fix here, which I downloaded and installed. To be really clear, here is what happened : (1) with the first version of Vincent plug-in (name it "xclose32_01", everything was working fine, (2) I used the (first) updated version of xclose32_01 which  takes care of DEP problem concerning memory, so now I have on my system xclose32_02, but it did not work anymore although there was no error message of any kind, and it is after installing it that the strange filtering behavior started, (3) I asked Vincent to send me xclose32_01, but instead he modified xclose32_02 by removing the DEP fix and made the resulting version, xclose32_03, available here for all, (4) I installed xclose32_03 and it did not work either, but this time I received an error message about an initialization error (I still have to copy the error message and post it on the forum for Vincent), after which Pegasus Mail starts and the strange filtering behavior is still there. I am a bit lost by all this.

The rule processing code has been around for a long time and is pretty reliable

[/quote] 

Of course it is ! This is one of the reason that I tried Pegasus mail in the first place. I know it is reliable for I left Pegasus Mail open for more than 4 months and it never either crashed or made a filtering error.

I suspect the problem is more likely to be a data error of some kind.

[/quote]

I definitely thinks that you are right, there must be some sort of corruption that has occurred somewhere, but this all thing is very strange and rather confusing. To put it in simple terms, it seems that the "New Mail Folder" is now the X folder since the former does not receive anything anymore. Maybe there is a file somewhere in the Pegasus Mail installation folder where this was mistakenly specified, and that I should change to get everything back to normal. What do you think ?

Thanks !

Ginhead. 

<p>Hi !</p><p>[quote user="David Harris"]</p>Have you perhaps attached a filtering rule set to a folder inadvertently?<p>[/quote] </p><p>Unfortunately no, I double-checked before bringing this before you guys. What is weird though is that in all the filtering (and I have a lots of them), the ones saying "Move the message to folder X" are triggered by specific criteria, but automatically all my emails are send to this folder. I do not know if I am clear, so I will take an example : assume the only rule involving folder X is "If the sender is iLike@PegasusMail.com, then move the message to folder X", then my current problem is that whatever the sender is, the message still get moved to folder X.</p><p>[quote user="David Harris"] </p>Have you recently changed your rule sets in any way?<p>[/quote] </p><p>I made some changes, but not to the filtering rule sets. I downloaded the great plug-in of Vincent and installed it around the 4th of August, and everything was working fine, the filtering included. Now yesterday, in the late afternoon, I updated the plug-in with the new version, and from this moment this strange moving-messages-to-folder-X pattern started. Thinking that my wimpm-32.exe was maybe corrupted, I downloaded another one from here, but it changed nothing. Then, I asked Vincent if he could send me the last version of his plug-in made just before he changed it here to deal with a DEP problem (involving the use of memory from what I understood), and he kindly put a version without the DEP fix here, which I downloaded and installed. To be really clear, here is what happened : (1) with the first version of Vincent plug-in (name it "xclose32_01", everything was working fine, (2) I used the (first) updated version of xclose32_01 which  takes care of DEP problem concerning memory, so now I have on my system xclose32_02, but it did not work anymore although there was no error message of any kind, and it is after installing it that the strange filtering behavior started, (3) I asked Vincent to send me xclose32_01, but instead he modified xclose32_02 by removing the DEP fix and made the resulting version, xclose32_03, available here for all, (4) I installed xclose32_03 and it did not work either, but this time I received an error message about an initialization error (I still have to copy the error message and post it on the forum for Vincent), after which Pegasus Mail starts and the strange filtering behavior is still there. I am a bit lost by all this.</p><p>[quote user="David Harris"]</p><p>The rule processing code has been around for a long time and is pretty reliable </p><p>[/quote] </p><p>Of course it is ! This is one of the reason that I tried Pegasus mail in the first place. I know it is reliable for I left Pegasus Mail open for more than 4 months and it never either crashed or made a filtering error.</p><p>[quote user="David Harris"] </p><p> I suspect the problem is more likely to be a data error of some kind.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I definitely thinks that you are right, there must be some sort of corruption that has occurred somewhere, but this all thing is very strange and rather confusing. To put it in simple terms, it seems that the "New Mail Folder" is now the X folder since the former does not receive anything anymore. Maybe there is a file somewhere in the Pegasus Mail installation folder where this was mistakenly specified, and that I should change to get everything back to normal. What do you think ?</p><p>Thanks !</p><p>Ginhead. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft