Community Discussions and Support
3: Socket failed, 276B, checking and sending email fails after 2 or 3 successes

Your problem isn't with Pegasus Mail - it's something at a lower level. Error 276B is the code for "WSASYSNOTREADY". Here's the description from the WinSock error reference:

-------------------------------------- cut here --------------------------------

WSASYSNOTREADY (10091) Network

subsystem is unavailable

Berkeley description: No equivalent.

WinSock description: The WinSock implementation cannot

function at this time, because the underlying system it uses to provide

network services is currently unavailable.

User suggestions:

• Check that the WINSOCK.DLL file is in the current path

• Check that the WINSOCK.DLL file is from the same vendor as your

underlying protocol stack. You cannot mix and match (WINSOCK DLLs must

be supplied by the same vendor that provided your underlying protocol

stack).

• You cannot use more than one WinSock implementation simultaneously.

If you have more than one WINSOCK DLL on your system, be sure the first

one in the path is appropriate for the network subsystem currently

loaded.

• Check your WinSock implementation documentation to be sure all

necessary components are currently installed and configured correctly.

-------------------------------------- cut here --------------------------------

I'm sorry I can't elaborate much on this, but all Pegasus Mail is doing is reporting an error occurring at a lower level - it's not actually causing the error itself.

About the only thing I can suggest you try is to go into Tools|Options, select the "Advanced" page, and in the group of controls labelled "Load Windows Internet Services (WSOCK32.DLL)", change the setting from "on demand" to "always" or vice-versa.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>Your problem isn't with Pegasus Mail - it's something at a lower level. Error 276B is the code for "WSASYSNOTREADY". Here's the description from the WinSock error reference: -------------------------------------- cut here --------------------------------</p><p><b><a class="" title="WSASYSNOTREADY" name="WSASYSNOTREADY"></a>WSASYSNOTREADY (10091)</b> <i>Network subsystem is unavailable</i> </p><p><i>Berkeley description</i>: No equivalent. </p><p><i>WinSock description</i>: The WinSock implementation cannot function at this time, because the underlying system it uses to provide network services is currently unavailable. </p><p><i>User suggestions:</i> </p><ul><li>Check that the WINSOCK.DLL file is in the current path </li><li>Check that the WINSOCK.DLL file is from the same vendor as your underlying protocol stack. You cannot mix and match (WINSOCK DLLs must be supplied by the same vendor that provided your underlying protocol stack). </li><li>You cannot use more than one WinSock implementation simultaneously. If you have more than one WINSOCK DLL on your system, be sure the first one in the path is appropriate for the network subsystem currently loaded. </li><li>Check your WinSock implementation documentation to be sure all necessary components are currently installed and configured correctly. </li></ul><p>-------------------------------------- cut here -------------------------------- </p><p><b><a class="" title="WSASYSNOTREADY" name="WSASYSNOTREADY"></a></b></p><p>I'm sorry I can't elaborate much on this, but all Pegasus Mail is doing is reporting an error occurring at a lower level - it's not actually causing the error itself. About the only thing I can suggest you try is to go into Tools|Options, select the "Advanced" page, and in the group of controls labelled "Load Windows Internet Services (WSOCK32.DLL)", change the setting from "on demand" to "always" or vice-versa. Cheers! -- David -- </p>

For some time I've had recurring problems with Pegasus not sending and not checking emails consistently.  I've repaired winsock, reinstalled software, etc.

Checking emails tends to fail on 2nd or 3rd try.  Cannot use automatic email checking.  Am forced to quit Pegasus and resload app to check email.

Sending emails fails after 2-4 sends.  Always generates this error in trace: 3: Socket failed, 276B.

Have repaired winsock many times.

Am running System Suite 7 Pro.  Email scan is turned off.  Living behind router; Windows firewall is off.

Have considered moving to another app, but the challenge of migrating roughly 400 folders is daunting.

Windows XP Pro SP 2

<P>For some time I've had recurring problems with Pegasus not sending and not checking emails consistently.  I've repaired winsock, reinstalled software, etc.</P> <P>Checking emails tends to fail on 2nd or 3rd try.  Cannot use automatic email checking.  Am forced to quit Pegasus and resload app to check email.</P> <P>Sending emails fails after 2-4 sends.  Always generates this error in trace: 3: Socket failed, 276B.</P> <P>Have repaired winsock many times.</P> <P>Am running System Suite 7 Pro.  Email scan is turned off.  Living behind router; Windows firewall is off.</P> <P>Have considered moving to another app, but the challenge of migrating roughly 400 folders is daunting.</P> <P>Windows XP Pro SP 2</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft