Community Discussions and Support
Mercury/32 Anti-virus Policy using NOD32

great to hear. // I just used a batch to test various settings - in Mercury I'll naturally go with the commandline straight into Nod32.

Thanks for your help.

<P>great to hear. // I just used a batch to test various settings - in Mercury I'll naturally go with the commandline straight into Nod32.</P> <P>Thanks for your help.</P>

NOD32 can be run from the commandline, so has anyone constructed a NOD32 antiviral policy for Mercury/32?

NOD32 can be run from the commandline, so has anyone constructed a NOD32 antiviral policy for Mercury/32?

This works well here since a long time:

c:\Progra~1\eset\nod32.exe ~X /selfcheck- /heur+ /scanboot- /scanmbr- /scanmem- /sfx+ /arch+ /quit+ /heurstd /log+ /log=~R

Options are:

- run and examine return code

- requires attachment unpacking support

- action: delete

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Corrado

<p>This works well here since a long time:</p><p>  c:\Progra~1\eset\nod32.exe ~X /selfcheck- /heur+ /scanboot- /scanmbr- /scanmem- /sfx+ /arch+ /quit+ /heurstd /log+ /log=~R </p><p>Options are: </p><p>    - run and examine return code</p><p>   - requires attachment unpacking support</p><p>   - action: delete</p><p>Hope this helps.</p><p>Regards,</p><p>  Corrado</p><p>  </p>

thx, I only got this far in my batch tests:

nod32.exe /selfcheck- /expire- /sound- /quit+ %1

if I understood the docs a /selfcheck- will implicitly set /scanmem- and that /scanboot and scanmbr are not necessary since we're scanning explicit files. Do you agree or am I wrong in my assumptions?

What results did you get from testing with various eicar packages?

<P>thx, I only got this far in my batch tests: </P> <P>nod32.exe /selfcheck- /expire- /sound- /quit+ %1</P> <P>if I understood the docs a /selfcheck- will implicitly set /scanmem- and that /scanboot and scanmbr are not necessary since we're scanning explicit files. Do you agree or am I wrong in my assumptions?</P> <P>What results did you get from testing with various eicar packages?</P>

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]

if I understood the docs a /selfcheck- will implicitly set /scanmem- and that /scanboot and scanmbr are not necessary since we're scanning explicit files. Do you agree or am I wrong in my assumptions?

[/quote]

I agree, but added those parameters anyway just to be safe [:)]

I must add that I don't use any batch file: the command line is entered "as is" into the "commandline" field of the "Edit policy task" window. In this way Mercury launches a NOD32 instance and examines its return code straight ahead, with no need to fire an additional (and useless) command shell.

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]

What results did you get from testing with various eicar packages?

[/quote]

I actually didn't spend much time in testing this way. I just set it up and did a few basic checks once, then performed a little tuning from time to time. This setup has been working flawlessly here for a couple of years now, proving to be able to catch every malware that tried sneaking into my system via e-mail.

Best regards,

Corrado

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]<p>if I understood the docs a /selfcheck- will implicitly set /scanmem- and that /scanboot and scanmbr are not necessary since we're scanning explicit files. Do you agree or am I wrong in my assumptions?</p>[/quote]<p>I agree, but added those parameters anyway just to be safe [:)]</p><p>I must add that I don't use any batch file: the command line is entered "as is" into the "commandline" field of the "Edit policy task" window. In this way Mercury launches a NOD32 instance and examines its return code straight ahead, with no need to fire an additional (and useless) command shell.  </p><p>[quote user="Peter Strömblad"] </p><p>What results did you get from testing with various eicar packages?</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>I actually didn't spend much time in testing this way. I just set it up and did a few basic checks once, then performed a little tuning from time to time. This setup has been working flawlessly here for a couple of years now, proving to be able to catch every malware that tried sneaking into my system via e-mail. </p><p>Best regards,     Corrado   </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft