Pegasus Mail Suggestions
PMail utility that might make money for David

[quote user="rproulx"]

There are still a lot of folks using POP mail accounts, and one of the really useful features of Pegasus is its ability to view and delete mail on a mail server without having to download it. This feature could be useful for folks who might not want, or cannot use, Pegasus. Having a small utility that allowed one to view and delete mail on a mail server without installing the full Pegasus email program could be very popular, and folks might be very willing to pay a small fee ($10) to have it.

[/quote]

One such utility, free, is Magic Mail Monitor: http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/  Current release is a Beta dated October 12, 2007. The POP feature works well with all the email accounts I have. Since I don't have a mail account that requires SSLv3, I cannot verify if it works with it.

KSQR

[quote user="rproulx"]<p>There are still a lot of folks using POP mail accounts, and one of the really useful features of Pegasus is its ability to view and delete mail on a mail server without having to download it. This feature could be useful for folks who might not want, or cannot use, Pegasus. Having a small utility that allowed one to view and delete mail on a mail server without installing the full Pegasus email program could be very popular, and folks might be very willing to pay a small fee ($10) to have it. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>One such utility, free, is Magic Mail Monitor: http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/  Current release is a Beta dated October 12, 2007. The POP feature works well with all the email accounts I have. Since I don't have a mail account that requires SSLv3, I cannot verify if it works with it. </p><p>KSQR </p><p> </p>

There are still a lot of folks using POP mail accounts, and one of the really useful features of Pegasus is its ability to view and delete mail on a mail server without having to download it. This feature could be useful for folks who might not want, or cannot use, Pegasus. Having a small utility that allowed one to view and delete mail on a mail server without installing the full Pegasus email program could be very popular, and folks might be very willing to pay a small fee ($10) to have it.

David would only have to extract that one part/feature of Pegasus and package it for sale as a stand-alone utility. That would create a source of revenue from folks who might not wish to use Pegasus as their main email client. At the same time it would still be available free for those installing the full Pegasus.

Just a thought :-)

Russel

<p>There are still a lot of folks using POP mail accounts, and one of the really useful features of Pegasus is its ability to view and delete mail on a mail server without having to download it. This feature could be useful for folks who might not want, or cannot use, Pegasus. Having a small utility that allowed one to view and delete mail on a mail server without installing the full Pegasus email program could be very popular, and folks might be very willing to pay a small fee ($10) to have it. </p><p>David would only have to extract that one part/feature of Pegasus and package it for sale as a stand-alone utility. That would create a source of revenue from folks who might not wish to use Pegasus as their main email client. At the same time it would still be available free for those installing the full Pegasus.</p><p>Just a thought :-)</p><p>Russel</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft