Community Discussions and Support
Going from old to new Pegasus

I had to format a computer and before I did that I saved the entire pmail directory. The old version of Pegasus was 4.01. How do I get the mail folders from the old version into the new version of Pegasus or is it possible? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim.

<P>I had to format a computer and before I did that I saved the entire pmail directory. The old version of Pegasus was 4.01. How do I get the mail folders from the old version into the new version of Pegasus or is it possible? Any help will be much appreciated.</P> <P>Thank you,</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Jim.</P>

[quote user="redbaron1"]

I had to format a computer and before I did that I saved the entire pmail directory. The old version of Pegasus was 4.01. How do I get the mail folders from the old version into the new version of Pegasus or is it possible? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim.

[/quote]

Copy the entire pmail directory back to the same drive and create a new shortcut.  If you want to upgrade do this after yuo are sure the v4.01 is running.

[quote user="redbaron1"]<p>I had to format a computer and before I did that I saved the entire pmail directory. The old version of Pegasus was 4.01. How do I get the mail folders from the old version into the new version of Pegasus or is it possible? Any help will be much appreciated.</p> <p>Thank you,</p> <p mce_keep="true"> </p> <p>Jim.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Copy the entire pmail directory back to the same drive and create a new shortcut.  If you want to upgrade do this after yuo are sure the v4.01 is running.</p><p> </p>

Does he actually need to run the 4.01 installer before copying the new Pmail directory over, or is everything he needs within the Pmail folder (i.e. no registry entries need to be created or files copied into the WINDOWS directory by the Pegasus installer) ?

I seem to remember years ago that there was a "pmail.ini" file or something like that copied into the windows directory by the installer. It doesn't seem to be there nowadays.

If he does need the actual 4.01 package to mend his system, then I do have a copy of it somewhere.

<p>Does he actually need to run the 4.01 installer before copying the new Pmail directory over, or is everything he needs within the Pmail folder (i.e. no registry entries need to be created or files copied into the WINDOWS directory by the Pegasus installer) ?</p><p>  I seem to remember years ago that there was a "pmail.ini" file or something like that copied into the windows directory by the installer. It doesn't seem to be there nowadays.  </p><p>If he does need the actual 4.01 package to mend his system, then I do have a copy of it somewhere.</p><p> </p>

[quote user="tiresias"]

Does he actually need to run the 4.01 installer before copying the new Pmail directory over, or is everything he needs within the Pmail folder (i.e. no registry entries need to be created or files copied into the WINDOWS directory by the Pegasus installer) ?

I seem to remember years ago that there was a "pmail.ini" file or something like that copied into the windows directory by the installer. It doesn't seem to be there nowadays.

If he does need the actual 4.01 package to mend his system, then I do have a copy of it somewhere.[/quote]

Naw, the folders and everything else are essentially the same for both versions. I still use PMail for DOS and WinPMail v3.x against my current setup.  All he needs to do is copy the entire folder and setup a new shortcut pointing at the winpm-32.exe file if the drive letter does not change.  If the drive letter changes he needs to run pconfig to reset the drive.

[quote user="tiresias"]<p>Does he actually need to run the 4.01 installer before copying the new Pmail directory over, or is everything he needs within the Pmail folder (i.e. no registry entries need to be created or files copied into the WINDOWS directory by the Pegasus installer) ?</p><p>  I seem to remember years ago that there was a "pmail.ini" file or something like that copied into the windows directory by the installer. It doesn't seem to be there nowadays.  </p><p>If he does need the actual 4.01 package to mend his system, then I do have a copy of it somewhere.[/quote]</p><p>Naw, the folders and everything else are essentially the same for both versions. I still use PMail for DOS and WinPMail v3.x against my current setup.  All he needs to do is copy the entire folder and setup a new shortcut pointing at the winpm-32.exe file if the drive letter does not change.  If the drive letter changes he needs to run pconfig to reset the drive. </p>

Thanks guys as I will try this on the weekend when I can get at the computer. Appreciate the help and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks guys as I will try this on the weekend when I can get at the computer. Appreciate the help and will let you know how it goes.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft