Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Aborting Spell Checker in v4.7

Although I did like the "Don't send" option with the Spell checker, the new Hunspell dictionaries are a major improvement over the older one. Not only does it offer multi-languages, the presentation and greater clarity of the new one make it worth-while. If the "Don't send" option cannot be added to this much-improved Spell-checker, I will count it a small price to pay for this greatly-appreciated update.

Although I did like the "Don't send" option with the Spell checker, the new Hunspell dictionaries are a major improvement over the older one. Not only does it offer multi-languages, the presentation and greater clarity of the new one make it worth-while. If the "Don't send" option cannot be added to this much-improved Spell-checker, I will count it a small price to pay for this greatly-appreciated update.

I have two observations regarding the new multi-language spell checker.

1. The previous version allowed spell checking in two distinct steps, each initiated by selection of the "Start check" button and terminated by the "End check" button. The first check was for the subject line, followed by a separate check of the message body.

The new version only allows a "Start check" which begins with the subject line and automatically progresses to the message body.  While this may appear to be a simplification, requiring less clicks to perform the check, it also removes some flexibility, which I view as a limitation.

2. There is no way that I have found to successfully bail out of the spell check process once it has been started. This is an embarrassing step backwards.

Before commencing spell checking, the user is offered three buttons: "Start check", "Don't send" and "End check".

Once "Start check"has been selected, there is only the option to "End check".  In my opinion, the "Don't send" facility should still be available after having started spell checking, just like it was in previous versions.

<p>I have two observations regarding the new multi-language spell checker.</p><p>1. The previous version allowed spell checking in two distinct steps, each initiated by selection of the "Start check" button and terminated by the "End check" button. The first check was for the subject line, followed by a separate check of the message body.</p><p> The new version only allows a "Start check" which begins with the subject line and automatically progresses to the message body.  While this may appear to be a simplification, requiring less clicks to perform the check, it also removes some flexibility, which I view as a limitation.</p><p>2. There is no way that I have found to successfully bail out of the spell check process once it has been started. This is an embarrassing step backwards.</p><p>Before commencing spell checking, the user is offered three buttons: "Start check", "Don't send" and "End check".</p><p>Once "Start check"has been selected, there is only the option to "End check".  In my opinion, the "Don't send" facility should still be available after having started spell checking, just like it was in previous versions. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft