Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Missconfigured lines in VIEWER.PM

On outbounded support for WinXP many Pegasus users are upgrading to Win7 or Win8. It's so easy with Pegasus because you may simply copy you mailbox directory. But there is a little problem, if they have configured special content viewers.

With WinXP in german there is a directory "c:\programme" (in english installed Windows "c:\programs" I think) and if they copy there Pegasus mailbox (including individual VIEWER.PM) to Win7 / 8, obviously there still is a "c:\programme" (or "c:\programs" in english versions) ... but it isn't. Since Win7 (or may be Vista - didn't have that) independant from installed language and shown directoryname the directory physicaly is called "c:\program files".

Problem with that: if the user want's to open a attachment with a VIEWER.PM migrated from WinXP, the configured content viewer is due to changed pathnames not available and Pegasus does ... nothing. I think, there should be an error message / popup pointing to the problem.

bye   Olaf

<p>On outbounded support for WinXP many Pegasus users are upgrading to Win7 or Win8. It's so easy with Pegasus because you may simply copy you mailbox directory. But there is a little problem, if they have configured special content viewers.</p><p>With WinXP in german there is a directory "c:\programme" (in english installed Windows "c:\programs" I think) and if they copy there Pegasus mailbox (including individual VIEWER.PM) to Win7 / 8, obviously there still is a "c:\programme" (or "c:\programs" in english versions) ... but it isn't. Since Win7 (or may be Vista - didn't have that) independant from installed language and shown directoryname the directory physicaly is called "c:\program files".</p><p>Problem with that: if the user want's to open a attachment with a VIEWER.PM migrated from WinXP, the configured content viewer is due to changed pathnames not available and Pegasus does ... nothing. I think, there should be an error message / popup pointing to the problem.</p><p>bye   Olaf</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft