Community Discussions and Support
download only once : how ?

[quote user="hanky"]

hi, i'm a brandnew user of p mail (fantastic program !) but i'm experiencing this problem : i configured that p mail has to preserve a copy of my mail on the pop-server (because i want to read my mail also on other computers), but everytime i open the program and p mail starts to download from the pop3-server, he downloads also previously downloads so i get double or triple or more of the same e mails in p-mail; how can this be avoided ?

thanks in advance

[/quote]

1.    Go to File | Network configuration | (Receiving)POP3.

2.    Highlight the POP3 configuration file of interest and select edit.

3.    Unselect "Delete retrieved mail on host".

4.    Select "Download controls" tab and select "Download only unread mail "

Now only unread mail will be retrieved.  It will take a lot longer if you never delete your mail on the POP3 host.

[quote user="hanky"]<p>hi, i'm a brandnew user of p mail (fantastic program !) but i'm experiencing this problem : i configured that p mail has to preserve a copy of my mail on the pop-server (because i want to read my mail also on other computers), but everytime i open the program and p mail starts to download from the pop3-server, he downloads also previously downloads so i get double or triple or more of the same e mails in p-mail; how can this be avoided ?</p> <p>thanks in advance</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>1.    Go to File | Network configuration | (Receiving)POP3. 2.    Highlight the POP3 configuration file of interest and select edit. 3.    Unselect "Delete retrieved mail on host". 4.    Select "Download controls" tab and select "Download only unread mail " Now only unread mail will be retrieved.  It will take a lot longer if you never delete your mail on the POP3 host.  </p>

hi, i'm a brandnew user of p mail (fantastic program !) but i'm experiencing this problem : i configured that p mail has to preserve a copy of my mail on the pop-server (because i want to read my mail also on other computers), but everytime i open the program and p mail starts to download from the pop3-server, he downloads also previously downloads so i get double or triple or more of the same e mails in p-mail; how can this be avoided ?

thanks in advance

<P>hi, i'm a brandnew user of p mail (fantastic program !) but i'm experiencing this problem : i configured that p mail has to preserve a copy of my mail on the pop-server (because i want to read my mail also on other computers), but everytime i open the program and p mail starts to download from the pop3-server, he downloads also previously downloads so i get double or triple or more of the same e mails in p-mail; how can this be avoided ?</P> <P>thanks in advance</P>

Hello Hanky,

You can use the function 'Selective mail download' under File. Make a choice which messages you will delete and/or let at the server.

<p>Hello Hanky, You can use the function 'Selective mail download' under File. Make a choice which messages you will delete and/or let at the server.  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft