Pegasus Mail Suggestions
MultiplePOP Additional Security needs

Another post lead me to hunt the keyboard commands and a handy one I found for this issue is ALT F S

This brings up the selective download and I can now download from any of those POP accounts setup using the Internet Options without delays or waiting. Not sure how I missed that one!

<p>Another post lead me to hunt the keyboard commands and a handy one I found for this issue is ALT F S</p><p>This brings up the selective download and I can now download from any of those POP accounts setup using the Internet Options without delays or waiting. Not sure how I missed that one!</p>

I have over a dozen MultiplePOP accounts.

For years this has worked fine and when I am getting emails, I see the specific pop account downloading or can individually pop a specific account.

Now, however, with increasing security needs, I cannot use the MultiplePOP account and instead have to set these up in the Tools ... Internet options ... Receiving (POP3) setting.

Now, I can only click for a Total check of all POP3 accounts rather than an individual POP3 account and only based on the time limits. In addition, when the email is download I cannot see which of all of my POP3 emails are actually download what as what is displayed is the Server Host and not the individual POP3 so if I have multiple emails I cannot see which account is currently downloading mail.

Perhaps there is a way to add the additional SSL settings to the MultiplePOP3 that are available only on the Tools ... Internet options ... Receiving (POP3) setting for the Security SSL/TLS (encrypted data stream) settings: Via direct SSL connect

It would really be of help when over a dozen POP3 accounts are used, especially if several use the same Server host name.

<p>I have over a dozen MultiplePOP accounts.</p><p>For years this has worked fine and when I am getting emails, I see the specific pop account downloading or can individually pop a specific account.</p><p>Now, however, with increasing security needs, I cannot use the MultiplePOP account and instead have to set these up in the Tools ... Internet options ... Receiving (POP3) setting.</p><p>Now, I can only click for a Total check of all POP3 accounts rather than an individual POP3 account and only based on the time limits. In addition, when the email is download I cannot see which of all of my POP3 emails are actually download what as what is displayed is the Server Host and not the individual POP3 so if I have multiple emails I cannot see which account is currently downloading mail.</p><p>Perhaps there is a way to add the additional SSL settings to the MultiplePOP3 that are available only on the Tools ... Internet options ... Receiving (POP3) setting for the Security SSL/TLS (encrypted data stream) settings: Via direct SSL connect</p><p>It would really be of help when over a dozen POP3 accounts are used, especially if several use the same Server host name.</p>

[quote user="Ajeh"]Now, I can only click for a Total check of all POP3 accounts rather than an individual POP3 account and only based on the time limits. In addition, when the email is download I cannot see which of all of my POP3 emails are actually download what as what is displayed is the Server Host and not the individual POP3 so if I have multiple emails I cannot see which account is currently downloading mail.[/quote]

There are two pretty simple solutions:

1. Create different identities for your accounts doing different kinds of download combinations.

2. Create new mail filter rules directing message to separate folders for each account.

<p>[quote user="Ajeh"]Now, I can only click for a Total check of all POP3 accounts rather than an individual POP3 account and only based on the time limits. In addition, when the email is download I cannot see which of all of my POP3 emails are actually download what as what is displayed is the Server Host and not the individual POP3 so if I have multiple emails I cannot see which account is currently downloading mail.[/quote]</p><p>There are two pretty simple solutions:</p><p>1. Create different identities for your accounts doing different kinds of download combinations.</p><p>2. Create new mail filter rules directing message to separate folders for each account.</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I have the filters to manage the emails into their own folders. There really isn't the problem.

I was hoping for a simple method to pop specific emails when using the Security settings of the Via direct SSL connect like you would a MultiPOP.

I could make over a Dozen Identies to pull from the individual emails set for the Via direct SSL connect, but again that is based on the timing set and not based on "my timing" when I want to check the POP account and would be rather clunky.

I realize the the MultiPOP does not have settings for the Via direct SSL connect and that the Via direct SSL connect shows the server rather than the email address when checking for email. So I think I am kind of stuck with what I have for those POP accounts that can still work with MultiPOP and those that have to use the Via direct SSL connect, and just have to wait until the timing settings are current and cannot get the mail earlier in an easy manner.

Perhaps someday the MultiPOP will also have the ability to setup using the Via direct SSL connect.

Thanks for the suggestions.

<p>I have the filters to manage the emails into their own folders. There really isn't the problem.</p><p>I was hoping for a simple method to pop specific emails when using the Security settings of the Via direct SSL connect like you would a MultiPOP.</p><p>I could make over a Dozen Identies to pull from the individual emails set for the Via direct SSL connect, but again that is based on the timing set and not based on "my timing" when I want to check the POP account and would be rather clunky.</p><p>I realize the the MultiPOP does not have settings for the Via direct SSL connect and that the Via direct SSL connect shows the server rather than the email address when checking for email. So I think I am kind of stuck with what I have for those POP accounts that can still work with MultiPOP and those that have to use the Via direct SSL connect, and just have to wait until the timing settings are current and cannot get the mail earlier in an easy manner.</p><p>Perhaps someday the MultiPOP will also have the ability to setup using the Via direct SSL connect.</p><p>Thanks for the suggestions.</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft