Community Discussions and Support
A thread is leaked everytime I check and send mail

This issue still persists in 4.52. Every time I click the check/send mail button the handles count increases by 6 and the thread count by 1. Checking with Process Explorer it shows me, that on each click it adds 4 unnamed event handles and 2 thread handles to the newly created thread. The trace of the threads, that are being leaked are looking like this:

ntoskrnl.exe!IoIs32bitProcess+0x25

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlAddBaseMcbEntry+0x82

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlInsertPerStreamContext+0x48e

ntoskrnl.exe!_snwprintf+0x1c

ntoskrnl.exe!KeInitializeQueue+0x3b

ntoskrnl.exe!KeDelayExecutionThread+0x1c7

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlInsertPerStreamContext+0x48e

ntoskrnl.exe!SePrivilegeObjectAuditAlarm+0x240f

ntoskrnl.exe!MmFreeContiguousMemory+0x90d

wow64cpu.dll+0x42d9

wow64cpu.dll+0x40e5

ntdll.dll+0x1c846

kernel32.dll+0x18c0d

ws2_32.dll+0xd0b7

kernel32.dll+0x1fe37

<p>This issue still persists in 4.52. Every time I click the check/send mail button the handles count increases by 6 and the thread count by 1. Checking with Process Explorer it shows me, that on each click it adds 4 unnamed event handles and 2 thread handles to the newly created thread. The trace of the threads, that are being leaked are looking like this:</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!IoIs32bitProcess+0x25</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlAddBaseMcbEntry+0x82</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlInsertPerStreamContext+0x48e</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!_snwprintf+0x1c</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!KeInitializeQueue+0x3b</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!KeDelayExecutionThread+0x1c7</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlInsertPerStreamContext+0x48e</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!SePrivilegeObjectAuditAlarm+0x240f</p><p>ntoskrnl.exe!MmFreeContiguousMemory+0x90d</p><p>wow64cpu.dll+0x42d9</p><p>wow64cpu.dll+0x40e5</p><p>ntdll.dll+0x1c846</p><p>kernel32.dll+0x18c0d</p><p>ws2_32.dll+0xd0b7</p><p>kernel32.dll+0x1fe37</p>

I had some speed issues with my machine today and checked a few processes for memory, handle, thread etc. usage and recognised, that my Pegasus Mail was using 126 threads. I restarted it to check, if it was really needing that much and saw it had just 3 threads on the initial start-up I tried some basic functionality and found out, that the leak occurs every time I check my POP3. It doesn't seem to depend on how much accounts you check (I got 2, but also tried it with one disabled), but on the check itself.

Update: It also leaks when I send a mail. 

<p>I had some speed issues with my machine today and checked a few processes for memory, handle, thread etc. usage and recognised, that my Pegasus Mail was using 126 threads. I restarted it to check, if it was really needing that much and saw it had just 3 threads on the initial start-up I tried some basic functionality and found out, that the leak occurs every time I check my POP3. It doesn't seem to depend on how much accounts you check (I got 2, but also tried it with one disabled), but on the check itself.</p><p> </p><p>Update: It also leaks when I send a mail. </p>

[quote user="Kidman"]

I had some speed issues with my machine today and checked a few processes for memory, handle, thread etc. usage and recognised, that my Pegasus Mail was using 126 threads. I restarted it to check, if it was really needing that much and saw it had just 3 threads on the initial start-up I tried some basic functionality and found out, that the leak occurs every time I check my POP3. It doesn't seem to depend on how much accounts you check (I got 2, but also tried it with one disabled), but on the check itself.

[/quote]

Perhaps it's little comfort, but I suspect those are (merely) thread handles and not actual threads.  PM leaks a lot of handles.  That will probably get better when the switch from the Borland development tools to MS VC is made.

[quote user="Kidman"]<p>I had some speed issues with my machine today and checked a few processes for memory, handle, thread etc. usage and recognised, that my Pegasus Mail was using 126 threads. I restarted it to check, if it was really needing that much and saw it had just 3 threads on the initial start-up I tried some basic functionality and found out, that the leak occurs every time I check my POP3. It doesn't seem to depend on how much accounts you check (I got 2, but also tried it with one disabled), but on the check itself.</p><p>Update: It also leaks when I send a mail. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Perhaps it's little comfort, but I suspect those are (merely) thread handles and not actual threads.  PM leaks a lot of handles.  That will probably get better when the switch from the Borland development tools to MS VC is made.  </p>

[quote user="Kidman"]

[/quote]

Just FYI : This is forwarded to the attention of the beta team.

[quote user="Kidman"]<p>I had some speed issues with my machine today and checked a few processes for memory, handle, thread etc. usage and recognised, that my Pegasus Mail was using 126 threads. I restarted it to check, if it was really needing that much and saw it had just 3 threads on the initial start-up I tried some basic functionality and found out, that the leak occurs every time I check my POP3. It doesn't seem to depend on how much accounts you check (I got 2, but also tried it with one disabled), but on the check itself.</p><p>Update: It also leaks when I send a mail. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Just FYI : This is forwarded to the attention of the beta team.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft