Community Discussions and Support
lost message colors in INBOX

Thank you; I very much appreciate the effort you went to in trying to find a solution.

As the messages were individually selected for their importance from

their content (ie not by rules), those suggestions won't work here.

I realize there may be no simple solution, but I'm willing to do some work (eg decoding file formats) to recover this.

Surely something (perhaps each message folder?) is keeping track of message header colors, yes? Otherwise how could header colors be maintained across multiple sessions of using the program (which they clearly are)?

thanks again for your efforts.

PS In case it's relevant, I have been using 4.63

<p>Thank you; I very much appreciate the effort you went to in trying to find a solution.</p><p>As the messages were individually selected for their importance from their content (ie not by rules), those suggestions won't work here. </p><p>I realize there may be no simple solution, but I'm willing to do some work (eg decoding file formats) to recover this. </p><p>Surely something (perhaps each message folder?) is keeping track of message header colors, yes? Otherwise how could header colors be maintained across multiple sessions of using the program (which they clearly are)?</p><p> </p><p>thanks again for your efforts.</p><p> </p><p>PS In case it's relevant, I have been using 4.63 </p><p> </p>

I use color coding to keep track of important msgs and have noticed from time to time (every few years) that the colors simply get lost, ie everything reverts to black.

This is enough of a disaster for me that I have a job that runs on my machine every other day making a backup copy of the PHC file, which seemed to me to have the relevant info in it, tho not obviously accessible.

Is there any way to get the colors back? Is there even any way for me to recover a list of which messages were previously colored? Getting back all the coloring would be great, but I'd even be willing to re-color the ~250  msgs if I could get a list of them.

Many thanks for any help with this.

<p>I use color coding to keep track of important msgs and have noticed from time to time (every few years) that the colors simply get lost, ie everything reverts to black.</p><p>This is enough of a disaster for me that I have a job that runs on my machine every other day making a backup copy of the PHC file, which seemed to me to have the relevant info in it, tho not obviously accessible.</p><p> </p><p>Is there any way to get the colors back? Is there even any way for me to recover a list of which messages were previously colored? Getting back all the coloring would be great, but I'd even be willing to re-color the ~250  msgs if I could get a list of them.</p><p> </p><p>Many thanks for any help with this. </p>

Hello,   I assume you are referring to the list of messages in a folder that you are coloring.  As to repairing, you don't mention how you color the entries, either manually or automatically (via a filter rule). 

Martin 

<p>Hello,   I assume you are referring to the list of messages in a folder that you are coloring.  <span style="font-size: 10pt;">As to repairing, you don't mention how you color the entries, either manually or automatically (via a filter rule). </span></p><p>Martin </p>

Yes, I'm looking at the message list in the INBOX.

I colored them by hand using the F11 option.

Id be most grateful for any way to recover an indication of which messages were colored. I used only one color -- red (to indicate "things I still have to attend to") .

Added note: the more general question is, Where is the information about header color stored? What pegasus file keeps track of the color I select when I use the F11 command?

thanks

<p>Yes, I'm looking at the message list in the INBOX.</p><p>I colored them by hand using the F11 option.</p><p> </p><p>Id be most grateful for any way to recover an indication of which messages were colored. I used only one color -- red (to indicate "things I still have to attend to") .</p><p> </p><p>Added note: the more general question is, Where is the information about header color stored? What pegasus file keeps track of the color I select when I use the F11 command? </p><p>thanks </p>

I have talked to the author of Pegasus Mail, and the simple answer is that there is no simple solution with the current version of Pegasus Mail, but the color byte is stored with the message in Pegasus Mail V5 (due out sometime this year).

1) The only possible solution is to change the properties of a message in the New Mail folder to set the Urgent flag on, which will normally hight-light messages (normally Red). Then create a message filter to move Urgent messages to a specific folder

-- or --

2) If you can identify messages you want colored, by a sender Id or Subject line content, you can set the message color when you set the target folder for the message move from New Mail to a folder. 

This isn't a simple conversion, but I suggest for future identification you use option #2 

HTH

Martin 

<p>I have talked to the author of Pegasus Mail, and the simple answer is that there is no simple solution with the current version of Pegasus Mail, but the color byte is stored with the message in Pegasus Mail V5 (due out sometime this year).</p><p>1) The only possible solution is to change the properties of a message in the New Mail folder to set the Urgent flag on, which will normally hight-light messages (normally Red). Then create a message filter to move Urgent messages to a specific folder</p><p>-- or --</p><p>2) If you can identify messages you want colored, by a sender Id or Subject line content, you can set the message color when you set the target folder for the message move from New Mail to a folder. </p><p>This isn't a simple conversion, but I suggest for future identification you use option #2 </p><p>HTH</p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft