Copying addresses from a distribution list

Resolved!

And thank you so much. Being a bit computer

literate, I tried all of the usual clicks and copy techniques but my

older version of pmail just did not allow it. I just upgraded to 4.41

and it works like a charm.

Gotta admit that I would not use

any other email program and I continue, after fifteen years of computer

diagnostics and repair,, to recommend Pegasus to all of my customers!

Regards,    Dustoff

<p>Resolved!</p><p>And thank you so much. Being a bit computer literate, I tried all of the usual clicks and copy techniques but my older version of pmail just did not allow it. I just upgraded to 4.41 and it works like a charm.</p><p> Gotta admit that I would not use any other email program and I continue, after fifteen years of computer diagnostics and repair,, to recommend Pegasus to all of my customers!</p><p> Regards,    Dustoff</p><p>  </p>

This is odd - I posted this a few days ago and it is gone..

I

would like to highlight and copy addresses from a distribution list to

paste into address book or some other application or text file.

I can highlight but see no way to get my chosen addresses onto the clipboard. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

I have ver. 4.31

Thanks

<p>This is odd - I posted this a few days ago and it is gone..</p><p> I would like to highlight and copy addresses from a distribution list to paste into address book or some other application or text file.</p><p> I can highlight but see no way to get my chosen addresses onto the clipboard. Does anyone know of a way to do this?</p><p> I have ver. 4.31</p><p>Thanks  </p>

Hello!

What you can always do is to use a shortcut for copying the highlighted text: CTRL+V copies the highlighted text into the clipboard.

You can also use the right-click menu for this. Highlighting the desired text portion and rightclicking opens the context menu in which you can choose "Copy" or "Cut" as well.
Note that the context menu for a distribution list is only available in newer versions of Pegasus Mail. That means that you could not rightclick within a distribution list when using an older version of Pegasus Mail - you had to use the shortclick mentioned above.
In the current Pegasus Mail version (which is 4.41), you are able to use both the shortcuts and the rightclick menu. However, I am not sure whether version 4.31 already offered you both ways.

Hello! What you can always do is to use a shortcut for copying the highlighted text: <STRONG>CTRL+V copies the highlighted text into the clipboard</STRONG>. You can also use the right-click menu for this. Highlighting the desired text portion and rightclicking opens the context menu in which you can choose "Copy" or "Cut" as well. Note that the context menu for a distribution list is only available in newer versions of Pegasus Mail. That means that you could not rightclick within a distribution list when using an older version of Pegasus Mail - you had to use the shortclick mentioned above. In the current Pegasus Mail version (which is 4.41), you are able to use both the shortcuts and the rightclick menu. However, I am not sure whether version 4.31 already offered you both ways.

[quote user="Thomas Nimmesgern"]
Hello!

What you can always do is to use a shortcut for copying the highlighted text: CTRL+V copies the highlighted text into the clipboard.
[/quote]

Hi Thomas,

I'm sure you meant to write CTRL+C copies the highlighted text into the clipboard.

Ctrl +V just pastes whatever was in the clipboard from the last time which would overwrite his entire distribution list, I think!

Cheers!

Ellie

<p>[quote user="Thomas Nimmesgern"] Hello! What you can always do is to use a shortcut for copying the highlighted text: <b>CTRL+V copies the highlighted text into the clipboard</b>. [/quote]</p><p>Hi Thomas,</p><p>I'm sure you meant to write <strong>CTRL+<u>C </u>copies the highlighted text into the clipboard. </strong></p><p>Ctrl +V just pastes whatever was in the clipboard from the last time which would overwrite his entire distribution list, I think!</p><p>Cheers!</p><p>Ellie  </p>

Hello!

Thanks, Ellie! Of course, it is CTRL+C for copying. [8-)]

<p> </p><p>Hello!</p><p> </p><p>Thanks, Ellie! Of course, it is CTRL+C for copying. [8-)]</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft