Community Discussions and Support
7: Socket read error 2746 ??? Can't send email :-(

Hi,

I just changed to an Asus board P5B P965 with onboard Realtek RTL8111B - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet. Sending E-Mails a bit longer I also got the Socket read error 2746. I tried to disable the "Checksum Offload", but nothing changed. To solve the problem I disabled the whole onboard Ethernet (Realtek RTL8111B) and put a PCI-based Netgear inside. Now it works, also I am interested in using the onbard-ethernet.

Niels

Hi, I just changed to an Asus board P5B P965 with onboard Realtek RTL8111B - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet. Sending E-Mails a bit longer I also got the Socket read error 2746. I tried to disable the "Checksum Offload", but nothing changed. To solve the problem I disabled the whole onboard Ethernet (Realtek RTL8111B) and put a PCI-based Netgear inside. Now it works, also I am interested in using the onbard-ethernet. Niels

Hi,

I'm using Pegasus Mail since a few years, I simply love it !

I have 2 computers, one desktop (W2000 SP4, NIS 2005, PM 4.41), one laptop (WXP MCE SP2, NIS 2006, PM 4.41).

I use exactly the same PM configuration on both. On desktop, everything is OK, I send and receive emails.

On laptop, I can receive but I can't send, each time I try to send I get the following message:

"Connection established to x.x.x.x

7: Socket read error 2746"

I already tried to switch off NIS2006 but the problem is the same.

I'll be greatfull if somebody can help me with this issue.

TIA, Passi.

<P>Hi,</P> <P>I'm using Pegasus Mail since a few years, I simply love it !</P> <P> I have 2 computers, one desktop (W2000 SP4, NIS 2005, PM 4.41), one laptop (WXP MCE SP2, NIS 2006, PM 4.41).</P> <P>I use <U>exactly</U> the same PM configuration on both. On desktop, everything is OK, I send and receive emails.</P> <P>On laptop, I can receive but I can't send, each time I try to send I get the following message:</P> <P>"<STRONG>Connection established to x.x.x.x</STRONG></P> <P><STRONG>7: Socket read error 2746</STRONG>"</P> <P>I already tried to switch off NIS2006 but the problem is the same.</P> <P>I'll be greatfull if somebody can help me with this issue.</P> <P>TIA, Passi.</P>

[quote user="Passi"]

Hi,

I'm using Pegasus Mail since a few years, I simply love it !

I have 2 computers, one desktop (W2000 SP4, NIS 2005, PM 4.41), one laptop (WXP MCE SP2, NIS 2006, PM 4.41).

I use exactly the same PM configuration on both. On desktop, everything is OK, I send and receive emails.

On laptop, I can receive but I can't send, each time I try to send I get the following message:

I already tried to switch off NIS2006 but the problem is the same.

I'll be greatfull if somebody can help me with this issue.

TIA, Passi.

[/quote]

You may be having a winsock problem.  Try using the -z 5120 commandline option.

1024    Use blocking sockets; may be needed for some defective
        WINSOCK implementations.

4096    Use blocking WINSOCK Name Resolution calls; may be needed by
        some defective WINSOCK implementations.

1024+4096=5120= -z 5120

1.  Right click on the WinPMail shortcut and select "Properties".

2.  Select the "Shortcut" tab.

3.  Edit the "Target line" to add the commandline option.

A commandline option will generally look like the following:

c:\pmail\winpm-32.exe -z 5120

"c:\Program Files\pmail\winpm-32.exe" -z 5120

[quote user="Passi"]<p>Hi,</p> <p>I'm using Pegasus Mail since a few years, I simply love it !</p> <p> I have 2 computers, one desktop (W2000 SP4, NIS 2005, PM 4.41), one laptop (WXP MCE SP2, NIS 2006, PM 4.41).</p> <p>I use <u>exactly</u> the same PM configuration on both. On desktop, everything is OK, I send and receive emails.</p> <p>On laptop, I can receive but I can't send, each time I try to send I get the following message:</p> <p>"<b>Connection established to x.x.x.x</b></p> <p><b>7: Socket read error 2746</b>"</p> <p>I already tried to switch off NIS2006 but the problem is the same.</p> <p>I'll be greatfull if somebody can help me with this issue.</p> <p>TIA, Passi.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>You may be having a winsock problem.  Try using the -z 5120 commandline option. 1024    Use blocking sockets; may be needed for some defective         WINSOCK implementations. 4096    Use blocking WINSOCK Name Resolution calls; may be needed by         some defective WINSOCK implementations. 1024+4096=5120= -z 5120</p><p>1.  Right click on the WinPMail shortcut and select "Properties". 2.  Select the "Shortcut" tab. 3.  Edit the "Target line" to add the commandline option. A commandline option will generally look like the following: c:\pmail\winpm-32.exe -z 5120 "c:\Program Files\pmail\winpm-32.exe" -z 5120  </p>

Thanks for your suggestion but it doesn't solve my problem, I still can't send emails just receive :-(

<P>Thanks for your suggestion but it doesn't solve my problem, I still can't send emails just receive :-(</P>

[quote user="Passi"]

Thanks for your suggestion but it doesn't solve my problem, I still can't send emails just receive :-(

[/quote]

Could you please verify the command line option settings you were using?  It would help if you were to provide a copy of Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info that shows the commandline options being used.

[quote user="Passi"]<p>Thanks for your suggestion but it doesn't solve my problem, I still can't send emails just receive :-(</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Could you please verify the command line option settings you were using?  It would help if you were to provide a copy of Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info that shows the commandline options being used.</p><p> </p>

[quote user="Passi"]

[/quote]

Hello,

Do you have a nVidia chipset?
Sometimes these NICs cause the error you report.

If so look at the advanced options in the NIC configuration.
Try disabling "Checksum Offload"(or something similar).

[quote user="Passi"]<P>On laptop, I can receive but I can't send, each time I try to send I get the following message:</P><P>"<STRONG>Connection established to x.x.x.x</STRONG></P><P><STRONG>7: Socket read error 2746</STRONG>"</P>[/quote] Hello, Do you have a nVidia chipset? Sometimes these NICs cause the error you report. If so look at the advanced options in the NIC configuration. Try disabling "Checksum Offload"(or something similar).

Thank you for all your help but problem is solved [:D]

The problem wasn't from PM but from ISP [:(]

Sorry but when I posted this thread I had no way to check this until today [:$]

<P>Thank you for all your help but problem is solved [:D]</P> <P>The problem wasn't from PM but from ISP [:(]</P> <P>Sorry but when I posted this thread I had no way to check this until today [:$]</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft