Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Legacy versions of Pegasus

I keep the install files each time I download a new version. This way, if there is a problem caused by a new version, I can go to the earlier version and re-install that. On the machine I am using right now, I have 10 versions going back to 4.01 in a folder Downloaded Files. While not generally with Pegasus, this Downloads folder has saved me on more than a couple of occassions. :)

Cheers.

edit.

Here they are, in the downloads section.

http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegcur/default.aspx 

<p>I keep the install files each time I download a new version. This way, if there is a problem caused by a new version, I can go to the earlier version and re-install that. On the machine I am using right now, I have 10 versions going back to 4.01 in a folder Downloaded Files. While not generally with Pegasus, this Downloads folder has saved me on more than a couple of occassions. :)</p><p>Cheers.</p><p>edit.</p><p>Here they are, in the downloads section.</p><p><a href="http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegcur/default.aspx">http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegcur/default.aspx</a> </p>

I have Windows Vista business with all the updates, and have not tried v4.7 because I found that the later versions of 4.6x English tend to crash now and then for no apparent reason.   However, 4.63 is very stable on all my computers and I have reverted to it.  It was fortunate that I had saved a copy of the installation program for 4.63 since only the 4.7 version is now available for download in 32bit and English.  My suggestion therefore is that legacy versions, at least the last 2 or 3 be made available for download in case the more recent versions present a problem for any reason.  There are still some members of my family using XP and W98 and if ever I should need to reinstall on those computers I would expect a problem with v4.7.  If I inherited an old computer and wanted to install Pmail on it, I might not be able to with only the most recent version.  Somewhat perversely, I see that I could download a version to run on DOS !

This is not a reflection on Pmail or David's strenuous efforts to keep up to date - it may just be a quirk in my setup, but I don't suppose I am the only one who prefers to lag the curve for the sake of less hassle..

<p>I have Windows Vista business with all the updates, and have not tried v4.7 because I found that the later versions of 4.6x English tend to crash now and then for no apparent reason.   However, 4.63 is very stable on all my computers and I have reverted to it.  It was fortunate that I had saved a copy of the installation program for 4.63 since only the 4.7 version is now available for download in 32bit and English.  My suggestion therefore is that legacy versions, at least the last 2 or 3 be made available for download in case the more recent versions present a problem for any reason.  There are still some members of my family using XP and W98 and if ever I should need to reinstall on those computers I would expect a problem with v4.7.  If I inherited an old computer and wanted to install Pmail on it, I might not be able to with only the most recent version.  Somewhat perversely, I see that I could download a version to run on DOS !</p><p>This is not a reflection on Pmail or David's strenuous efforts to keep up to date - it may just be a quirk in my setup, but I don't suppose I am the only one who prefers to lag the curve for the sake of less hassle..</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft