Community Discussions and Support
Outgoing mail not received?

Yeah, might be my avast doing that. It does pop up when I launch IE and shows Script blocker... but the software is good :).

10 minutes later: Thanks :)! I disabled scan outgoing mail, and now I can send mail :). Thank you :)!

20 minutes later: I can send, but I can't telnet into port 25 :D lol, I sent a test mail successfully, but I can't telnet... Could not open connection to the host, on port 25...

But thanks anyways, I have gotten it working now :)! 

<p>Yeah, might be my avast doing that. It does pop up when I launch IE and shows Script blocker... but the software is good :).</p><p> </p><p>10 minutes later: Thanks :)! I disabled scan outgoing mail, and now I can send mail :). Thank you :)!</p><p> </p><p>20 minutes later: I can send, but I can't telnet into port 25 :D lol, I sent a test mail successfully, but I can't telnet... Could not open connection to the host, on port 25...</p><p> </p><p>But thanks anyways, I have gotten it working now :)! </p>

I can send mail to my server, but not vice versa. I can't send from my server.

I can send from my server to another account on my server. Also, my server is a laptop, and I am using a PC. And I can't connect to my server from my PC using Outlook or Thunderbird. I gives out errors. Outlook gives connect error 10060. I don't know what that means, but it is something to do with my POP3 configuration. Or could it be my domain config?

What is the correct configuration to use on MercuryD ?

Thanks in advance :)! 

<p>I can send mail to my server, but not vice versa. I can't send from my server.</p> <p>I can send from my server to another account on my server. Also, my server is a laptop, and I am using a PC. And I can't connect to my server from my PC using Outlook or Thunderbird. I gives out errors. Outlook gives connect error 10060. I don't know what that means, but it is something to do with my POP3 configuration. Or could it be my domain config?</p><p> </p><p>What is the correct configuration to use on MercuryD ? </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance :)! </p>

[quote user="Edmachine"]

I can send mail to my server, but not vice versa. I can't send from my server.

What have you setup for sending?  MercuryE?  MercuryC?

I can send from my server to another account on my server. Also, my server is a laptop, and I am using a PC. And I can't connect to my server from my PC using Outlook or Thunderbird. I gives out errors. Outlook gives connect error 10060. I don't know what that means, but it is something to do with my POP3 configuration. Or could it be my domain config?

Have you setup MercuryS to receive the mail? Can you telnet into port 25 of you system?   

What is the correct configuration to use on MercuryD ?

Depends on what you are trying to do.  Tell us what you have done.

Thanks in advance :)! 

[/quote]
[quote user="Edmachine"]<p>I can send mail to my server, but not vice versa. I can't send from my server.</p><p> </p><p>What have you setup for sending?  MercuryE?  MercuryC?</p><p> </p> <p>I can send from my server to another account on my server. Also, my server is a laptop, and I am using a PC. And I can't connect to my server from my PC using Outlook or Thunderbird. I gives out errors. Outlook gives connect error 10060. I don't know what that means, but it is something to do with my POP3 configuration. Or could it be my domain config?</p><p> Have you setup MercuryS to receive the mail? Can you telnet into port 25 of you system?   </p><p> </p><p>What is the correct configuration to use on MercuryD ? </p><p> </p><p>Depends on what you are trying to do.  Tell us what you have done. </p><p>  </p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance :)! </p>[/quote]

I use MercuryE

I get

220 Admin ESMTP server ready

So you have an easier way to understand what I say, I will copy some parts of Mercury.ini file :).

[MercuryD]
Scratch : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury
Timeout : 30
Poll : 30
Session_logging : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury\logfiletxt.txt
Session_logmode : 1

[MercuryE]
HELO : Administrator
Poll : 10
Timeout : 60
Nameservers : localhost
Log_Verbose : 0
DNS_Timeout : 20
DNS_Retries : 4
Transcripts : 1
MaxThreads : 10

[MercuryD]

[MercuryS]
Debug : 1
HELO : admin
Logfile : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Logs\MERCURYS.LOG
Relay : 1
Strict_Relay : 0
Allow_Illegals : 1
SMTP_Authentication : 0
Compliance_Settings : 0
Maximum_Failed_Rcpts : 4
Max_Relay_Attempts : 4
SSL_Mode : 0
SSL_Certfile : C:\xampp\certificateSMTP.txt
ST_Blacklisting : 0
No_VRFY : 0

I don't know if it helps... 

<p>I use MercuryE</p><p> </p><p>I get</p><p> </p><p>220 Admin ESMTP server ready</p><p>So you have an easier way to understand what I say, I will copy some parts of Mercury.ini file :).</p><p>  </p><p> </p><p> [MercuryD] Scratch : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury Timeout : 30 Poll : 30 Session_logging : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury\logfiletxt.txt Session_logmode : 1</p><p> </p><p> [MercuryE] HELO : Administrator Poll : 10 Timeout : 60 Nameservers : localhost Log_Verbose : 0 DNS_Timeout : 20 DNS_Retries : 4 Transcripts : 1 MaxThreads : 10</p><p> </p><p> [MercuryD] Scratch : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury Timeout : 30 Poll : 30 Session_logging : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury\logfiletxt.txt Session_logmode : 1</p><p> [MercuryS] Debug : 1 HELO : admin Logfile : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Logs\MERCURYS.LOG Timeout : 30 Relay : 1 Strict_Relay : 0 Allow_Illegals : 1 SMTP_Authentication : 0 Compliance_Settings : 0 Maximum_Failed_Rcpts : 4 Max_Relay_Attempts : 4 SSL_Mode : 0 SSL_Certfile : C:\xampp\certificateSMTP.txt ST_Blacklisting : 0 No_VRFY : 0</p><p> </p><p>I don't know if it helps... </p><p> </p>

[quote user="Edmachine"]

I use MercuryE

I get

220 Admin ESMTP server ready

So you have an easier way to understand what I say, I will copy some parts of Mercury.ini file :).

Should have provided the [Domains] section with the actual data since this is where many people go wrong.

[MercuryD]

Session logging is a directory only.

[MercuryE]
HELO : Administrator

This should be the host name associated with the IP address of the local system.  Normally this is left blank so the "Internet name for this system" entered under mercury core will be used.

Poll : 10
Timeout : 60
Nameservers : localhost

The nameservers must be the IP addresses associated with the DNS host.  If the DNS host is in fact localhost then use the actual ip address of the system or 127.0.0.1

Log_Verbose : 0
DNS_Timeout : 20
DNS_Retries : 4
Transcripts : 1
MaxThreads : 10

[MercuryD]

Normally c:\xampp\mercurymail\scratch to keep from cluttering up a real directory.

Session logging is a directory only.

[MercuryS]
Debug : 1
HELO : admin

Again, should be blank of a host name.

Logfile : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Logs\MERCURYS.LOG
Relay : 1
Strict_Relay : 0

Strict should be set as well.

Allow_Illegals : 1
SMTP_Authentication : 0
Compliance_Settings : 0
Maximum_Failed_Rcpts : 4
Max_Relay_Attempts : 4
SSL_Mode : 0
SSL_Certfile : C:\xampp\certificateSMTP.txt
ST_Blacklisting : 0
No_VRFY : 0

I don't know if it helps... 

[/quote]
[quote user="Edmachine"]<p>I use MercuryE</p><p>I get</p><p>220 Admin ESMTP server ready</p><p>So you have an easier way to understand what I say, I will copy some parts of Mercury.ini file :).</p><p> </p><p><b>Should have provided the [Domains] section with the actual data since this is where many people go wrong.</b></p><p> </p><p> [MercuryD] Scratch : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury Timeout : 30 Poll : 30 Session_logging : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury\logfiletxt.txt</p><p><b>Session logging is a directory only.</b></p><p><b></b> Session_logmode : 1</p><p> </p><p> [MercuryE] HELO : Administrator</p><p><b>This should be the host name associated with the IP address of the local system.  Normally this is left blank so the "Internet name for this system" entered under mercury core will be used.</b></p><p> Poll : 10 Timeout : 60 Nameservers : localhost</p><p><b>The nameservers must be the IP addresses associated with the DNS host.  If the DNS host is in fact localhost then use the actual ip address of the system or 127.0.0.1</b></p><p>  Log_Verbose : 0 DNS_Timeout : 20 DNS_Retries : 4 Transcripts : 1 MaxThreads : 10</p><p> </p><p> [MercuryD] Scratch : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury</p><p><b>Normally c:\xampp\mercurymail\scratch to keep from cluttering up a real directory.</b></p><p> Timeout : 30 Poll : 30 Session_logging : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury\logfiletxt.txt</p><p><b>Session logging is a directory only.</b></p><p> Session_logmode : 1</p><p> [MercuryS] Debug : 1 HELO : admin</p><p><b>Again, should be blank of a host name.</b> Logfile : C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Logs\MERCURYS.LOG Timeout : 30 Relay : 1 Strict_Relay : 0</p><p><b>Strict should be set as well.</b> Allow_Illegals : 1 SMTP_Authentication : 0 Compliance_Settings : 0 Maximum_Failed_Rcpts : 4 Max_Relay_Attempts : 4 SSL_Mode : 0 SSL_Certfile : C:\xampp\certificateSMTP.txt ST_Blacklisting : 0 No_VRFY : 0</p><p> </p><p>I don't know if it helps... </p><p> </p>[/quote]

[Domains]
localhost: localhost
localhost: localhost.net
localhost: localhost.org
localhost: localhost.com
techgeeks.oo.lv: techgeeks.oo.lv

About that logfile.txt, it created a folder, so I'll leave it as it is...

HELO: is to be set to nothing?

HELO :  

<p>[Domains] localhost: localhost localhost: localhost.net localhost: localhost.org localhost: localhost.com techgeeks.oo.lv: techgeeks.oo.lv</p><p> </p><p>About that logfile.txt, it created a folder, so I'll leave it as it is...</p><p> </p><p>HELO: is to be set to nothing?</p><p> </p><p>HELO :  </p><p>? </p>

[quote user="Edmachine"]

[Domains]
localhost: localhost
localhost: localhost.net
localhost: localhost.org
localhost: localhost.com
techgeeks.oo.lv: techgeeks.oo.lv

This last line is doing nothing since it's pointing to a different local server.  It should also be pointing to "localhost:"  if this is a local domain.  Is this your local host?

Answer Section:
    techgeeks.oo.lv, MX, 10, mx.techgeeks.oo.lv
    techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 84.237.165.15
Authority Records Section:
    oo.lv, NS, ns.openhost.be
    oo.lv, NS, ns0.xname.org
    oo.lv, NS, ns1.xname.org
Additional Records Section:
    mx.techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 127.0.0.1
    ns0.xname.org, A, 195.234.42.1
    ns1.xname.org, A, 87.98.164.164

About that logfile.txt, it created a folder, so I'll leave it as it is...

HELO: is to be set to nothing?

Yes if there is a host name in "Internet name for this system" that will resolve to an IP address and provide a rDNS.  If it does not then you'll probably want to use MercuryC pointing at a valid external SMTP relay host instead of MercuryE.

HELO :  

[/quote]
[quote user="Edmachine"]<p>[Domains] localhost: localhost localhost: localhost.net localhost: localhost.org localhost: localhost.com techgeeks.oo.lv: techgeeks.oo.lv</p><p><b>This last line is doing nothing since it's pointing to a different local server.  It should also be pointing to "localhost:"  if this is a local domain.  Is this your local host? </b></p><p><b>Answer Section:     techgeeks.oo.lv, MX, 10, mx.techgeeks.oo.lv     techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 84.237.165.15 Authority Records Section:     oo.lv, NS, ns.openhost.be     oo.lv, NS, ns0.xname.org     oo.lv, NS, ns1.xname.org Additional Records Section:     mx.techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 127.0.0.1     ns0.xname.org, A, 195.234.42.1     ns1.xname.org, A, 87.98.164.164  </b></p><p>About that logfile.txt, it created a folder, so I'll leave it as it is...</p><p>HELO: is to be set to nothing?</p><p><b>Yes if there is a host name in "Internet name for this system" that will resolve to an IP address and provide a rDNS.  If it does not then you'll probably want to use MercuryC pointing at a valid external SMTP relay host instead of MercuryE.</b></p><p>HELO :  </p><p>? </p>[/quote]

Answer Section:
    oo.lv, NS, ns0.xname.org
    oo.lv, NS, ns1.xname.org

You mean if those are my domain details? If so, yes they are. 

<p><b>Answer Section:     techgeeks.oo.lv, MX, 10, mx.techgeeks.oo.lv     techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 84.237.165.15 Authority Records Section:     oo.lv, NS, ns.openhost.be     oo.lv, NS, ns0.xname.org     oo.lv, NS, ns1.xname.org Additional Records Section:     mx.techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 127.0.0.1     ns0.xname.org, A, 195.234.42.1     ns1.xname.org, A, 87.98.164.164</b></p><p> </p><p>You mean if those are my domain details? If so, yes they are. </p>

If you enter the loopback IP (127.0.0.1) as the mail handler for the domain you will only be able to connect to Mercury from the server itself. You need a real, public IP here.

/Rolf 

<blockquote><p><i>mx.techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 127.0.0.1 techgeeks.oo.lv, MX, 10, mx.techgeeks.oo.lv </i> </p></blockquote><p>If you enter the loopback IP (127.0.0.1) as the mail handler for the domain you will only be able to connect to Mercury from the server itself. You need a real, public IP here.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

[quote user="Edmachine"]

Answer Section:
    oo.lv, NS, ns0.xname.org
    oo.lv, NS, ns1.xname.org

You mean if those are my domain details? If so, yes they are. 

[/quote]

Major problem!   When I try to connect to  mx.techgeeks.oo.lv I connect to my own server.  You've got your MX host pointing 127.0.0.1 and that will not work except on the Mercury/32 system you are running.  Also techgeeks.oo.lv is not running a SMTP host either since I cannot telnet into port 25.  Nobody on any other system will ever be able to connect to this host.

[quote user="Edmachine"]<p><b>Answer Section:     techgeeks.oo.lv, MX, 10, mx.techgeeks.oo.lv     techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 84.237.165.15 Authority Records Section:     oo.lv, NS, ns.openhost.be     oo.lv, NS, ns0.xname.org     oo.lv, NS, ns1.xname.org Additional Records Section:     mx.techgeeks.oo.lv, A, 127.0.0.1     ns0.xname.org, A, 195.234.42.1     ns1.xname.org, A, 87.98.164.164</b></p><p> </p><p>You mean if those are my domain details? If so, yes they are. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p><b>Major problem!   When I try to connect to  </b><b>mx.techgeeks.oo.lv I connect to my own server.  You've got your MX host pointing 127.0.0.1 and that will not work except on the Mercury/32 system you are running.  Also techgeeks.oo.lv is not running a SMTP host either since I cannot telnet into port 25.  Nobody on any other system will ever be able to connect to this host.</b></p><p> </p><p> </p>

Well, I shut down my laptop at night....

Ok, so I changed my MX IP to 84.237.165.15.

But now I have another problem. I restarted Mercury (closed and opened again), and now I can't visit my page. It shows Mercury HTTP Services.

I have taken it off somehow. Other times though...

<p>Well, I shut down my laptop at night.... </p><p> </p><p>Ok, so I changed my MX IP to 84.237.165.15.</p><p> But now I have another problem. I restarted Mercury (closed and opened again), and now I can't visit my page. It shows Mercury HTTP Services.</p><p>I have taken it off somehow. Other times though...  </p>

[quote user="Edmachine"]

Well, I shut down my laptop at night....

Ok, so I changed my MX IP to 84.237.165.15.

Can't connect to port 25 of 84.237.165.15 either.

But now I have another problem. I restarted Mercury (closed and opened again), and now I can't visit my page. It shows Mercury HTTP Services.

Set MercuryB to something other than port 80.  Port 85 works quite well.  You'll have to restart Mercury/32 after making the change though.

I have taken it off somehow. Other times though...

[/quote]
[quote user="Edmachine"]<p>Well, I shut down my laptop at night.... </p><p>Ok, so I changed my MX IP to 84.237.165.15.</p><p><b>Can't connect to port 25 of 84.237.165.15 either. </b> </p><p> But now I have another problem. I restarted Mercury (closed and opened again), and now I can't visit my page. It shows Mercury HTTP Services.</p><p> <b>Set MercuryB to something other than port 80.  Port 85 works quite well.  You'll have to restart Mercury/32 after making the change though.</b></p><p>I have taken it off somehow. Other times though...  </p>[/quote]

I can from techgeeks.oo.lv

localhost

MY IP

And I get 220 techgeeks.oo.lv ESMTP Server ready

Try again with the IP, or techgeeks.oo.lv 

And thanks for that hint :).

EDIT: I tried telnet on my PC (that is not my server) 

o techgeeks.oo.lv 25 and my o MYIP 25

and got this:

421 Cannot connect to SMTP Server 84.237.165.15 (84.237.165.15:25) connect error 10053

But from my laptop it's ok... 

<p>I can from techgeeks.oo.lv</p><p>               localhost</p><p>               127.0.0.1     </p><p>                MY IP  </p><p> </p><p> And I get 220 techgeeks.oo.lv ESMTP Server ready</p><p>Try again with the IP, or techgeeks.oo.lv </p><p> </p><p>And thanks for that hint :).  </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>EDIT: I tried telnet on my PC (that is not my server) </p><p>o techgeeks.oo.lv 25 and my o MYIP 25</p><p>and got this:</p><p> 421 Cannot connect to SMTP Server 84.237.165.15 (84.237.165.15:25) connect error 10053</p><p> </p><p>But from my laptop it's ok... </p><p> </p><p>  </p>

[quote user="Edmachine"]

EDIT: I tried telnet on my PC (that is not my server) 

o techgeeks.oo.lv 25 and my o MYIP 25

and got this:

421 Cannot connect to SMTP Server 84.237.165.15 (84.237.165.15:25) connect error 10053

But from my laptop it's ok... 

[/quote]

If you're using a NAT Router:

Most NAT devices do not allow connections from the internal (private) network via the devices' public IP address back to the internal network.

Such a test should be made by tools outside of your network.

Also make sure that the NAT device is configured to forward port 25 connections to the internal network address (not 127.0.0.1 !!) of the mailserver.

[quote user="Edmachine"]<p>EDIT: I tried telnet on my PC (that is not my server) </p><p>o techgeeks.oo.lv 25 and my o MYIP 25</p><p>and got this:</p><p> 421 Cannot connect to SMTP Server 84.237.165.15 (84.237.165.15:25) connect error 10053</p><p>But from my laptop it's ok... </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>If you're using a NAT Router:</p><p>Most NAT devices do not allow connections from the internal (private) network via the devices' public IP address back to the internal network. </p><p>Such a test should be made by tools outside of your network.</p><p> Also make sure that the NAT device is configured to forward port 25 connections to the internal network address (not 127.0.0.1 !!) of the mailserver.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

I have a DI-614+ router, but I don't know if it is a NAT router. I don't think it is... I can't find anything to determine that.

I have a DI-614+ router, but I don't know if it is a NAT router. I don't think it is... I can't find anything to determine that.

[quote user="Edmachine"]I have a DI-614+ router, but I don't know if it is a NAT router. I don't think it is... I can't find anything to determine that.
[/quote]

It most probably is indeed. Do the LAN addresses of your machines start with 192.168. or 10. ?

<p>[quote user="Edmachine"]I have a DI-614+ router, but I don't know if it is a NAT router. I don't think it is... I can't find anything to determine that. [/quote]</p><p>It most probably is indeed. Do the LAN addresses of your machines start with 192.168. or 10. ?</p><p> </p><p> </p>

They start with 10. and are sorta like this 10.#.#.# (# being a number)

<p>They start with 10. and are sorta like this 10.#.#.# (# being a number)</p><p> </p>

[quote user="Edmachine"]

They start with 10. and are sorta like this 10.#.#.# (# being a number)

[/quote]

Then we get closer to the problem. Make sure that your Router actually forwards port 25 connections to the 10.*.*.* address of your mailserver.

Also Mercury must listen either on any IP address or at least on that 10.*.*.* address. The local loop address 127.0.0.1 is not useful at all in most cases.

[quote user="Edmachine"]<p>They start with 10. and are sorta like this 10.#.#.# (# being a number)</p><p> [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Then we get closer to the problem. Make sure that your Router actually forwards port 25 connections to the 10.*.*.* address of your mailserver.</p><p>Also Mercury must listen either on any IP address or at least on that 10.*.*.* address. The local loop address 127.0.0.1 is not useful at all in most cases.</p><p> </p>

I have a Virtual Server List and there I have

SMTP Server10.2.9.3TCP 25/25

And how do I configure Mercury to do so?

<p>I have a Virtual Server List and there I have</p><table id="tabVS" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="16" width="419"><tbody><tr><td><font face="Arial" size="2">SMTP Server</font></td><td><font face="Arial" size="2">10.2.9.3</font></td><td><font face="Arial" size="2">TCP 25/25</font></td></tr></tbody></table> And how do I configure Mercury to do so? <p> </p>

Configuration/MercuryS SMTP Server/Tab General

There verify the parameter "IP interface to use:".

Also follow the documentation as for the "Connection control" settings and others. This forum can't really replace the docs... ;-)

<p>Configuration/MercuryS SMTP Server/Tab General</p><p> </p><p>There verify the parameter "IP interface to use:".</p><p> </p><p>Also follow the documentation as for the "Connection control" settings and others. This forum can't really replace the docs... ;-)</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft