Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Before I post my suggestion...

Hi !

It would take you some great time to "prepare the material" so my suggestion is first to open a new thread on the forums where you could present a rough sketch of your ideas, using a list for instance. If people are interested and jump in, it could make it to David's attention. Second, you could send a private message to David directly with some samples of your "material" with maybe a more precise presentation of your ideas. And then, I think you would have to wait for a reply. This way, you'll minimize the time spent for introducing your ideas and leave the door open for what could come next.

Cheers !

<p>Hi !</p><p>It would take you some great time to "prepare the material" so my suggestion is first to open a new thread on the forums where you could present a rough sketch of your ideas, using a list for instance. If people are interested and jump in, it could make it to David's attention. Second, you could send a private message to David directly with some samples of your "material" with maybe a more precise presentation of your ideas. And then, I think you would have to wait for a reply. This way, you'll minimize the time spent for introducing your ideas and leave the door open for what could come next.</p><p>Cheers ! </p>

I've some ideas to improve the user experience based off the GUI.

Now, before I start doing my work in order to explain the idea (creating mock ups, graphics, menus and so forth), is this even worth?

Meaning, if top priorities for David Harris are other and PMail interface is a low priority or, even worst, it doesn't even cross his mind, I won't post here and I won't prepare the material.

Perhaps someone closer to the project knows better if this is worth or if is not and can give me a clue whether to move forward or not.

Thanks

<p>I've some ideas to improve the user experience based off the GUI.</p><p>Now, before I start doing my work in order to explain the idea (creating mock ups, graphics, menus and so forth), is this even worth?</p><p>Meaning, if top priorities for David Harris are other and PMail interface is a low priority or, even worst, it doesn't even cross his mind, I won't post here and I won't prepare the material.</p><p>Perhaps someone closer to the project knows better if this is worth or if is not and can give me a clue whether to move forward or not.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks </p>

[quote user="aquila"]Meaning, if top priorities for David Harris are other and PMail interface is a low priority or, even worst, it doesn't even cross his mind, I won't post here and I won't prepare the material.[/quote]

Nobody can tell for sure except for David Harris, but AFAIK there's no chance for a major overhaul any time soon. There will certainly be some places he'll work on when implementing new core modules like address management, calendering and message store, though.

<p>[quote user="aquila"]Meaning, if top priorities for David Harris are other and PMail interface is a low priority or, even worst, it doesn't even cross his mind, I won't post here and I won't prepare the material.[/quote]</p><p>Nobody can tell for sure except for David Harris, but AFAIK there's no chance for a major overhaul any time soon. There will certainly be some places he'll work on when implementing new core modules like address management, calendering and message store, though. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Suggestions and wishlist items are always welcome, in summary form. They give others a chance to vote "me too".  The chances of an individual's suggestions(s) making it onto the development list are limited.  But as Michael remarked, David is doing some pretty heavy reworking of core module functions, so a ground swell of votes for some feature has a much better visibility.

As for your comment about "preparing the material", I would just note that unless you are using identical development tools and programming language, the chances of incorporating code etc are pretty slim.

Finally the existing Pmail interface is quite extensive, and there are many "extensions" to the base Pegasus Mail code. What do you have in mind?

Martin 

<p>Suggestions and wishlist items are always welcome, in summary form. They give others a chance to vote "me too".  The chances of an individual's suggestions(s) making it onto the development list are limited.  But as Michael remarked, David is doing some pretty heavy reworking of core module functions, so a ground swell of votes for some feature has a much better visibility.</p><p>As for your comment about "preparing the material", I would just note that unless you are using identical development tools and programming language, the chances of incorporating code etc are pretty slim.</p><p>Finally the existing Pmail interface is quite extensive, and there are many "extensions" to the base Pegasus Mail code. What do you have in mind?</p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft