Community Discussions and Support
New mail filter - some messages being ignored

[quote user="adam"]

I have problems where messages clearly marked by rules in the new mail filter are instead being ignored. I have very carefully order the rules and I mainly move mails directly to their appropriate folders, rather than have them all in the inbox. Most filters are based on the To address contents but I have found that its hit an miss whether the rule is observed or ignored. Has anyone else seen this?

Regards,

Adam

[/quote]

I've seen this happen to me and 99.9% of the time i find that I've done something wrong with the filtering.   If something is being missed I would recommend looking at the raw view of the message to see if there is something different about the trigger string.

[quote user="adam"]<p>I have problems where messages clearly marked by rules in the new mail filter are instead being ignored. I have very carefully order the rules and I mainly move mails directly to their appropriate folders, rather than have them all in the inbox. Most filters are based on the To address contents but I have found that its hit an miss whether the rule is observed or ignored. Has anyone else seen this?</p><p>Regards,</p><p>Adam  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I've seen this happen to me and 99.9% of the time i find that I've done something wrong with the filtering.   If something is being missed I would recommend looking at the raw view of the message to see if there is something different about the trigger string.</p><p> </p>

I have problems where messages clearly marked by rules in the new mail filter are instead being ignored. I have very carefully order the rules and I mainly move mails directly to their appropriate folders, rather than have them all in the inbox. Most filters are based on the To address contents but I have found that its hit an miss whether the rule is observed or ignored. Has anyone else seen this?

Regards,

Adam

<p>I have problems where messages clearly marked by rules in the new mail filter are instead being ignored. I have very carefully order the rules and I mainly move mails directly to their appropriate folders, rather than have them all in the inbox. Most filters are based on the To address contents but I have found that its hit an miss whether the rule is observed or ignored. Has anyone else seen this?</p><p>Regards,</p><p>Adam  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft