Community Discussions and Support
Field display

State.pmj is the file where display settings (among others) are stored.

<p>State.pmj is the file where display settings (among others) are stored. </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

I apologise if this has already been answered. (I did try and search for an answer though).

I am a quite happy user of the program. But I have just noticed (as of yesterday) the preview panel of my reader just displays the from field. The Subject date and size fields have vanished.

I do not recall changing anything (though I may be suffering from CRS Can't Remember Stuff). I tried looking through the help through the PM web site googling a query ....

I do know i was there (I used to sort via date or even subject or even size by clicking on the field header) How can I get those field back. - there is no horizontal scroll bar showing - I tried re sizing the display I tried changing the display font ...

Perhaps I am looking for the wrong definition 

Help...

Thank you 

<p>I apologise if this has already been answered. (I did try and search for an answer though).</p><p>I am a quite happy user of the program. But I have just noticed (as of yesterday) the preview panel of my reader just displays the from field. The Subject date and size fields have vanished.</p><p>I do not recall changing anything (though I may be suffering from CRS Can't Remember Stuff). I tried looking through the help through the PM web site googling a query ....</p><p>I do know i was there (I used to sort via date or even subject or even size by clicking on the field header) How can I get those field back. - there is no horizontal scroll bar showing - I tried re sizing the display I tried changing the display font ...</p><p>Perhaps I am looking for the wrong definition </p><p> </p><p>Help...</p><p> </p><p>Thank you </p>

Hmmm... if it's what I think you are describing, then it's an easy solution, try dragging  the  bottom down and that should restore the display. You will note when you move the cursor slowly over the area  the shape will change and that's where you drag it down from.

Hmmm... if it's what I think you are describing, then it's an easy solution, try dragging  the  bottom down and that should restore the display. You will note when you move the cursor slowly over the area  the shape will change and that's where you drag it down from.

Sorry that's not it....

Go into Mail folders (Ctrl L) on the left side there is a listing of your various mail folders. On the top right is the contents of that particular folder with the preview underneath it.

Until today in the top right folder there was a column for read then the from then the subject, then date recieved then the size (maybe the last two were the other way around).

As of today I can see the column for read and a wide column for from. BUT NO subject size or received date.

There is not a scroll bar on the bottom to scroll Sideways to reveal the other now non showing fields .... (I cannot find any reference to it in the help or online or knowledge base).

I can use the drop down to sort via subject (not shown) date also not displayed and size column (not displayed).

I can group via date from the drop down & I have turned on the legibility bands (after this had happened)....

I don't know what I did/modified to cause this ....

I would just like to get my columns back...

Thanks

<p>Sorry that's not it....</p><p>Go into Mail folders (Ctrl L) on the left side there is a listing of your various mail folders. On the top right is the contents of that particular folder with the preview underneath it.</p><p>Until today in the top right folder there was a column for read then the from then the subject, then date recieved then the size (maybe the last two were the other way around).</p><p>As of today I can see the column for read and a wide column for from. BUT NO subject size or received date. </p><p>There is not a scroll bar on the bottom to scroll Sideways to reveal the other now non showing fields .... (I cannot find any reference to it in the help or online or knowledge base).</p><p>I can use the drop down to sort via subject (not shown) date also not displayed and size column (not displayed).</p><p>I can group via date from the drop down & I have turned on the legibility bands (after this had happened)....</p><p>I don't know what I did/modified to cause this ....</p><p>I would just like to get my columns back...</p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p>

OK now I know where you are:-)

I've just been able to emulate this and again it's an easy fix. Just awkward to explain.

Grab the top of the Folders (the blue bar) and drag that to the left of screen leaving the RHS well within the Pegasus window. You can then grab the RHS boundary of the folders window and drag to the right.  At some point, the other columns will become visible. Click in the vertical division between fields and then drag to the left. Once you have resized the fields you can then resize the window and you should be back to "normal".

Messy explanation but it should get you the desired result.[:)]

Edited:-

Ive just created a link for you to look at  Here

<p>OK now I know where you are:-)</p><p>I've just been able to emulate this and again it's an easy fix. Just awkward to explain.</p><p>Grab the top of the Folders (the blue bar) and drag that to the left of screen leaving the RHS well within the Pegasus window. You can then grab the RHS boundary of the folders window and drag to the right.  At some point, the other columns will become visible. Click in the vertical division between fields and then drag to the left. Once you have resized the fields you can then resize the window and you should be back to "normal".</p><p>Messy explanation but it should get you the desired result.[:)]</p><p>Edited:- </p><p>Ive just created a link for you to look at  <a href="http://www.mda.org.au/PegasusWindow.jpg" title="http://www.mda.org.au/PegasusWindow.jpg" target="_blank" mce_href="http://www.mda.org.au/PegasusWindow.jpg">Here</a></p>

I tried that .... Compressng the left had column dragging the works almost off screen ...

The bottom (message preview then gets a scroll bar BUT the top only shows the Read & From fields the others are not there... If I click on the folder and say Inbox is displayed there are all of the fields present But once again back to Folder view and only the read (first) and from are showing.... I even moved the screen around so I couldn't increase its size any more (either direction ....). This is getting DA&^ frustratuing especially as I don't recall changing anything to cause it....

Would there be anything in the INI file to control fields being displayed? (or am I red herring things here?)

Thanks

PS thanks for posting the link.......

<p>I tried that .... Compressng the left had column dragging the works almost off screen ... </p><p>The bottom (message preview then gets a scroll bar BUT the top only shows the Read & From fields the others are not there... If I click on the folder and say Inbox is displayed there are all of the fields present But once again back to Folder view and only the read (first) and from are showing.... I even moved the screen around so I couldn't increase its size any more (either direction ....). This is getting DA&^ frustratuing especially as I don't recall changing anything to cause it....</p><p>Would there be anything in the INI file to control fields being displayed? (or am I red herring things here?)</p><p>Thanks</p><p>PS thanks for posting the link.......  </p>

Still having the problem.

The fields are not available at all (tried the re sizing of the window)

The only fields that are now available in the the pane view are the read and from. Subject date size are not available. the two field sizes are not adjustable if that helps

If I were to re install would I loose all of the other settings?  FIlters, setup for mail retreval etc?

<p>Still having the problem.</p><p>The fields are not available at all (tried the re sizing of the window)</p><p>The only fields that are now available in the the pane view are the read and from. Subject date size are not available. the two field sizes are not adjustable if that helps</p><p>If I were to re install would I loose all of the other settings?  FIlters, setup for mail retreval etc?</p><p> </p>

[quote user="ChefJohn"]

Still having the problem.

The fields are not available at all (tried the re sizing of the window)

The only fields that are now available in the the pane view are the read and from. Subject date size are not available. the two field sizes are not adjustable if that helps

If I were to re install would I loose all of the other settings?  FIlters, setup for mail retreval etc?

[/quote]

If you can't fix it any other way, exit WinPMail, delete (rename) the state.pmj file in your HOME mail directory and try again.

[quote user="ChefJohn"]<p>Still having the problem.</p><p>The fields are not available at all (tried the re sizing of the window)</p><p>The only fields that are now available in the the pane view are the read and from. Subject date size are not available. the two field sizes are not adjustable if that helps</p><p>If I were to re install would I loose all of the other settings?  FIlters, setup for mail retreval etc?</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>If you can't fix it any other way, exit WinPMail, delete (rename) the state.pmj file in your HOME mail directory and try again.</p><p> </p>

That worked my fields are back!!!!

what is state.pmj?

thanks

<p>That worked my fields are back!!!!</p><p>what is state.pmj?</p><p> </p><p>thanks</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft