Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Making subject line length longer or user choice (within reason)

[quote user="chrisc"]

I just did a search on this and found lots of entries about trying to limit the length of the subject line particularly in new mail. In NZ I get a lot of responses from Trademe. Trademe prefaces the subject line with "Trade Me -- " and promptly forces the auction number out of view. So to check auctions is very laborious since I actually need to reopen the email just to find what the subject (or auction number) is. I am all for keeping things simple and short but the option to make the subject line 20 characters longer would save me so much time.

If there happens to be some way of adding this (I am using V4.41) that isn't obvious I would appreciate knowing what it is. 

Thanks. 

[/quote]

I also did a research on this and nothing I have found some entries. When I have a new email It doesn't appear I actually don't know why this happened. I will try this information a post from you hope it will work.

Thanks a lot! 

[quote user="chrisc"]<p>I just did a search on this and found lots of entries about trying to limit the length of the subject line particularly in new mail. In NZ I get a lot of responses from Trademe. Trademe prefaces the subject line with "Trade Me -- " and promptly forces the auction number out of view. So to check auctions is very laborious since I actually need to reopen the email just to find what the subject (or auction number) is. I am all for keeping things simple and short but the option to make the subject line 20 characters longer would save me so much time.</p><p>If there happens to be some way of adding this (I am using V4.41) that isn't obvious I would appreciate knowing what it is. </p><p>Thanks. </p><p>[/quote] </p><p> I also did a research on this and nothing I have found some entries. When I have a new email It doesn't appear I actually don't know why this happened. I will try this information a post from you hope it will work. </p><p>Thanks a lot!  </p>

I just did a search on this and found lots of entries about trying to limit the length of the subject line particularly in new mail. In NZ I get a lot of responses from Trademe. Trademe prefaces the subject line with "Trade Me -- " and promptly forces the auction number out of view. So to check auctions is very laborious since I actually need to reopen the email just to find what the subject (or auction number) is. I am all for keeping things simple and short but the option to make the subject line 20 characters longer would save me so much time.

If there happens to be some way of adding this (I am using V4.41) that isn't obvious I would appreciate knowing what it is. 

Thanks. 

<p>I just did a search on this and found lots of entries about trying to limit the length of the subject line particularly in new mail. In NZ I get a lot of responses from Trademe. Trademe prefaces the subject line with "Trade Me -- " and promptly forces the auction number out of view. So to check auctions is very laborious since I actually need to reopen the email just to find what the subject (or auction number) is. I am all for keeping things simple and short but the option to make the subject line 20 characters longer would save me so much time.</p><p>If there happens to be some way of adding this (I am using V4.41) that isn't obvious I would appreciate knowing what it is. </p><p>Thanks. </p>

[quote user="chrisc"]

Thanks. 

[/quote]

I have no solution, but in the F12 (or right mouse message propierties) you can set your own subject for a message, that might be helpful sometimes here.

[quote user="chrisc"]<p>I just did a search on this and found lots of entries about trying to limit the length of the subject line particularly in new mail. In NZ I get a lot of responses from Trademe. Trademe prefaces the subject line with "Trade Me -- " and promptly forces the auction number out of view. So to check auctions is very laborious since I actually need to reopen the email just to find what the subject (or auction number) is. I am all for keeping things simple and short but the option to make the subject line 20 characters longer would save me so much time.</p><p>If there happens to be some way of adding this (I am using V4.41) that isn't obvious I would appreciate knowing what it is. </p><p>Thanks. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> I have no solution, but in the F12 (or right mouse message propierties) you can set your own subject for a message, that might be helpful sometimes here.</p><p>  </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Sometimes I wish it would be possible to mate Outlook and Pegasus to get Peglook (or Outgasus). Outlook allows subject line length much greater than the 50 characters available in Pegasus. F12 would allow me to rename the subject but I would have to rename every email for it to be useful other than in a few special circumstances. Does Pegasus have anything like a .ini file or something where basic initial formatting data is contained ?

<p>Sometimes I wish it would be possible to mate Outlook and Pegasus to get Peglook (or Outgasus). Outlook allows subject line length much greater than the 50 characters available in Pegasus. F12 would allow me to rename the subject but I would have to rename every email for it to be useful other than in a few special circumstances. Does Pegasus have anything like a .ini file or something where basic initial formatting data is contained ?</p><p> </p>

And it is most odd that the subject line can be up to 128 characters for outgoing emails but is cut to 50 on incoming email. There really must be some way to alter what should be a simple change ?

And it is most odd that the subject line can be up to 128 characters for outgoing emails but is cut to 50 on incoming email. There really must be some way to alter what should be a simple change ?

I take it you are referring to the subject shown in the folder list - the actual subject line in the message is not altered at all.

The displayed Subject length is limited by the current folder structure - what you see in the folder list are the entries in the folder index.   I know there are plans to update this format, but I have not heard of any timescales.

<P>I take it you are referring to the subject shown in the folder list - the actual subject line in the message is not altered at all.</P> <P>The displayed Subject length is limited by the current folder structure - what you see in the folder list are the entries in the folder index.   I know there are plans to update this format, but I have not heard of any timescales.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Indeed I am.

I hope the timescale is short. In the meantime I might have to temporarily use Outlook.

<p>Indeed I am. </p><p>I hope the timescale is short. In the meantime I might have to temporarily use Outlook.</p><p> </p>

[quote user="PaulW"]

I take it you are referring to the subject shown in the folder list - the actual subject line in the message is not altered at all.

The displayed Subject length is limited by the current folder structure - what you see in the folder list are the entries in the folder index.   I know there are plans to update this format, but I have not heard of any timescales.

[/quote]

Dear David Harris

I would also like very much that this is changed!

I have used Pegasus for about 14 years, and I have always felt that this limitation was so obviously inconvenient, that it would be corrected in the next release, but that never happened. I think that if this had been solved, then I would have paid for the program.

IF you remove the truncation of the displayed subject-line in the folder-view, then I will happily pay for my copy of Pegasus!

- Henrik Rosenø

[quote user="PaulW"]<p>I take it you are referring to the subject shown in the folder list - the actual subject line in the message is not altered at all.</p> <p>The displayed Subject length is limited by the current folder structure - what you see in the folder list are the entries in the folder index.   I know there are plans to update this format, but I have not heard of any timescales.</p><p> [/quote]</p><p>Dear David Harris </p><p>I would also like very much that this is changed! </p><p>I have used Pegasus for about 14 years, and I have always felt that this limitation was so obviously <span id="result_box" class="short_text" lang="en"><span class="hps alt-edited">inconvenient, that it would be corrected in the next release, but that never happened. I think that if this had been solved, then I would have paid for the program.</span></span></p><p>IF you remove the truncation of the displayed subject-line in the folder-view, then I will happily pay for my copy of Pegasus!</p><p>- Henrik Rosenø </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft