Community Discussions and Support
Mail getting stuck in queue

I have installed version 4.8beta and have had no stuck emails for 2 weeks. I will say since currently I am only using this to relay some internal emails to another mail server I did not install clamwall, spamhalter or greywall so I don't have the exact same set up as before but at this time things are working as needed so thanks for your help.

I have installed version 4.8beta and have had no stuck emails for 2 weeks. I will say since currently I am only using this to relay some internal emails to another mail server I did not install clamwall, spamhalter or greywall so I don't have the exact same set up as before but at this time things are working as needed so thanks for your help.

We have Mercury mail 4.74 on Windows XP and I am having problems with emails getting stuck in the queue. Messages from outside and the daily stats email from mercury mail randomly get stuck. What is strange is sometimes emails will be stuck while others sent later go through. If I close and re-open Mercury the emails get sent every time. I tried adding exclusions to the folders for my anti-virus (AVG) and even completely disabling the anti-virus. I went to the folders and took ownership and gave full access to make sure this was not a problem. We are only using the C and S modules to relay some emails to our normal server but I know back when we were using Mercury as our main email server our old IT guy would have to re-start Mercury and at times we would get messages that were weeks old. Due to a hard drive failure months ago I had re-install windows and Mercury on the system so even on a complete install we are still getting emails stuck. We currently are only getting a few (less than 20) emails daily on this system but it seems as if either the emails that come into Mercury or the stats email from Mercury are getting stuck in the queue daily. Even if I try to use the load program to restart Mercury daily the stuck emails would be delayed.

I turned on the logging for C, S and core but I can't see any errors. It is like the Core module just ignores some emails until the the Mercury is closed and re-opened.

Thanks for any help you can provide, Ron

<p>We have Mercury mail 4.74 on Windows XP and I am having problems with emails getting stuck in the queue. Messages from outside and the daily stats email from mercury mail randomly get stuck. What is strange is sometimes emails will be stuck while others sent later go through. If I close and re-open Mercury the emails get sent every time. I tried adding exclusions to the folders for my anti-virus (AVG) and even completely disabling the anti-virus. I went to the folders and took ownership and gave full access to make sure this was not a problem. We are only using the C and S modules to relay some emails to our normal server but I know back when we were using Mercury as our main email server our old IT guy would have to re-start Mercury and at times we would get messages that were weeks old. Due to a hard drive failure months ago I had re-install windows and Mercury on the system so even on a complete install we are still getting emails stuck. We currently are only getting a few (less than 20) emails daily on this system but it seems as if either the emails that come into Mercury or the stats email from Mercury are getting stuck in the queue daily. Even if I try to use the load program to restart Mercury daily the stuck emails would be delayed. </p><p> </p><p>I turned on the logging for C, S and core but I can't see any errors. It is like the Core module just ignores some emails until the the Mercury is closed and re-opened.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for any help you can provide, Ron </p>

Please try upgrading to v4.80 to see if that by any chance solves the problem. If not I would assume that something somehow is interfering with Mercury's access to the queue directory. We have servers handling thousands of messages each day without this ever happening, so it's not a normal behavior.

<p>Please try upgrading to v4.80 to see if that by any chance solves the problem. If not I would assume that something somehow is interfering with Mercury's access to the queue directory. We have servers handling thousands of messages each day without this ever happening, so it's not a normal behavior.</p><p> </p>

Thanks - I have downloaded the file and will give this a try as soon as I can. Once installed and tested I will report back but right know it will be several weeks before I can get to this. Until then I am just checking and restarting to clear the queue.

Thanks - I have downloaded the file and will give this a try as soon as I can. Once installed and tested I will report back but right know it will be several weeks before I can get to this. Until then I am just checking and restarting to clear the queue.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft