Community Discussions and Support
Problem with Downloding E-Mails. Problem Std53

In my case this issue was solved just by stopping the AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner.

In my case this issue was solved just by stopping the <STRONG>AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner</STRONG>.

Hallo,

I hope anybody can help mi with this problem. I have the newest verstion of Peagasus Mail (4.4) but anytime i will Download my Mails from the Server Pesgaus give mi this answer:

[*] Connection established to 127.0.0.1
>> 0018 +OK Hello there.
<< 0011 USER info
>> 0024 +OK Password required.
<< 0015 PASS XXXXXXXX
>> 0016 +OK logged in.
<< 0006 STAT
>> 0016 +OK 43 4587921
<< 0006 LIST
>> 0055 +OK POP3 clients that break here, they violate STD53.
<< 0008 RETR 1
>> 0021 +OK message follows

It was runnig 2 Jears ago without any problems. But now  4 days ago i installed several programs (given from my company to work at home) and now i cant Download any type of Mails. 

So this problem is a number to big for me. I down't know to handel it. So i hope anybody can help me with this

&lt;P&gt;Hallo,&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I hope anybody can help mi with this problem. I have the newest verstion of Peagasus Mail (4.4) but anytime i will Download my Mails from the Server Pesgaus give mi this answer:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;[*] Connection established to 127.0.0.1 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0018 +OK Hello there. &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0011 USER info &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0024 +OK Password required. &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0015 PASS XXXXXXXX &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0016 +OK logged in. &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0006 STAT &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0016 +OK 43 4587921 &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0006 LIST &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0055 +OK POP3 clients that break here, they violate STD53. &amp;lt;&amp;lt; 0008 RETR 1 &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 0021 +OK message follows &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;It was runnig 2 Jears ago without any problems.&amp;nbsp;But now&amp;nbsp; 4 days ago i installed several programs (given from my company to work at home) and now i cant&amp;nbsp;Download any type of Mails.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;So this problem&amp;nbsp;is a number to big for me. I down&#039;t know to handel it. So i hope anybody can help me with this&lt;/P&gt;

You might want to try the Pegasus Mail for Windows debug option, to trace all tcp/ip activity. When using version 4.x you can activate the debug mode in Tools ->

Internet Options -> General -> "Create internet session logs

(advanced diagnostic use only)".

After testing and closing down Pegasus Mail for Windows, you will find one or more files called tcp0001.wpm (increasing numbers) in your Home Mailbox Location (you can determine that location by going to Help -> About Pegasus Mail -> info in the Menubar).
Study the files for errors. Feel free to mail me the files off-list, but first do remove your passwords from it.

&lt;p&gt;You might want to try the Pegasus Mail for Windows debug option, to trace all tcp/ip activity. When using version 4.x you can activate the debug mode in Tools -&amp;gt; Internet Options -&amp;gt; General -&amp;gt; &quot;Create internet session logs (advanced diagnostic use only)&quot;. After testing and closing down Pegasus Mail for Windows, you will find one or more files called tcp0001.wpm (increasing numbers) in your Home Mailbox Location (you can determine that location by going to Help -&amp;gt; About Pegasus Mail -&amp;gt; info in the Menubar). Study the files for errors. Feel free to mail me the files off-list, but first do remove your passwords from it. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft