Community Discussions and Support
Next best mail client for Pegasus user on a Mac?

Thanks for the suggestion Nick, but no, it's not an Intel CPU. I'm not sure what sort of chip it's got, not being a Mac afficianado myself.

Thanks for the suggestion Nick, but no, it's not an Intel CPU. I'm not sure what sort of chip it's got, not being a Mac afficianado myself.

Hi, this is my first posting here, though I'm a long-time Pegasus user...

My mum has recently replaced her ancient Windows 95 PC with a "nearly-new" Mac (OSX 10.4, IIRC). She's not a very proficient computer user, but she knew her way around Pegasus well enough. She seems to be struggling with downloading and reading e-mails from her ISP on the new machine. It's a bit of a long-shot, I know, but can anyone recommend a Pegasus-like mail client that she could run on her Mac, please?

Thanks in advance

Mark @ Steam Age

<P>Hi, this is my first posting here, though I'm a long-time Pegasus user...</P> <P>My mum has recently replaced her ancient Windows 95 PC with a "nearly-new" Mac (OSX 10.4, IIRC). She's not a very proficient computer user, but she knew her way around Pegasus well enough. She seems to be struggling with downloading and reading e-mails from her ISP on the new machine. It's a bit of a long-shot, I know, but can anyone recommend a Pegasus-like mail client that she could run on her Mac, please?</P> <P>Thanks in advance</P> <P>Mark @ Steam Age</P>

Ummmm -- you don't say what kind of Mac, but if it's an Intel CPU model, had you thought of getting Fusion from VMWare (and a Windows OS license)  and running the Windows version of PMail in a "seamless" window on the Mac?  Fusion allows Intel Macs to run Windows apps concurrently with your other Mac apps, rather than either/or as under Apple's BootCamp. That would be a fairly heavy-duty solution to this particular "problem", but there may also be other Windows s/w you'd then also keep running rather than having to find, license, etc Mac equivalents of...

<p>Ummmm -- you don't say what kind of Mac, but if it's an Intel CPU model, had you thought of getting <a href="http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/" target="_blank" mce_href="http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/">Fusion from VMWare</a> (and a Windows OS license)  and running the Windows version of PMail in a "seamless" window on the Mac?  Fusion allows Intel Macs to run Windows apps concurrently with your other Mac apps, rather than either/or as under Apple's BootCamp. That would be a fairly heavy-duty solution to this particular "problem", but there may also be other Windows s/w you'd then also keep running rather than having to find, license, etc Mac equivalents of... </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft