Pegasus Mail Suggestions
My beefs and bouquets

The ability connect a note to a message... Annotations maybe. We use them at work all the time...  simply add order numbers etc...

The ability connect a note to a message...<b> Annotations </b>maybe. We use them at work all the time...  simply add order numbers etc...

I was a Pegasus user for a a long time, and two things especially, I've never been able to find anywhere else.  Firstly, the ability to run filters when a folder is opened or closed.  Awesome!  Secondly, the ability to see more than one folder at a time.  Keep the ones you need open, close the rest with the folder window small, excellent!

I got away from Pegasus, mostly out of frustration with spam (FIXED) and because I found the addressbook clunky and hard to integrate with others.  (Yes, I used Dawn.  A less than ideal solution.)  Apparently V 5 will address that (no pun intended), and I look forward to that.  I have been using Thunderbird, with mixed results.  So, what would  I want to see in Pmail?  Glad you asked.

I like extensions, and use many.  Many would not be needed in Pmail, but some might.  One is a pop-up note taker.  I know that there is a notepad in Pmail, but it is not intuitive to me.  One is the ability to upload my addressbook to an ftp server, so I can download it to another computer running the same email program.  A third allows inserting preset text into an email.  (I teach and use this to set up my class list so I can email attendance to the office.)  I'm not saying that Pmail should be bloated and a complete PIM, but there are "gadgets" that are very useful to some.  Perhaps extensions?

Some other things that I want that might exist, I just haven't found them. 

-a column in the folder for "To:", for when I check email more than one identity.  (in fact, I find the Identity thing confusing, I just like having a separate "account" or whatever for each email address I use.)

- "reply" should use the address from "To:" unless otherwise directed.

- more advanced ability to tag messages.

-the ability to connect a note to a message.

Just my 20 millicents.  Hope this great product continues to grow, and I think it is awesome that we have a forum now to discuss it!

tgt 

<p style="">I was a Pegasus user for a a long time, and two things especially, I've never been able to find anywhere else.  Firstly, the ability to run filters when a folder is opened or closed.  Awesome!  Secondly, the ability to see more than one folder at a time.  Keep the ones you need open, close the rest with the folder window small, excellent!</p><p style="">I got away from Pegasus, mostly out of frustration with spam (FIXED) and because I found the addressbook clunky and hard to integrate with others.  (Yes, I used Dawn.  A less than ideal solution.)  Apparently V 5 will address that (no pun intended), and I look forward to that.  I have been using Thunderbird, with mixed results.  So, what would  I want to see in Pmail?  Glad you asked.</p><p> </p><p style="">I like extensions, and use many.  Many would not be needed in Pmail, but some might.  One is a pop-up note taker.  I know that there is a notepad in Pmail, but it is not intuitive to me.  One is the ability to upload my addressbook to an ftp server, so I can download it to another computer running the same email program.  A third allows inserting preset text into an email.  (I teach and use this to set up my class list so I can email attendance to the office.)  I'm not saying that Pmail should be bloated and a complete PIM, but there are "gadgets" that are very useful to some.  Perhaps extensions? </p><p> </p><p style="">Some other things that I want that might exist, I just haven't found them. </p><p style="">    -a column in the folder for "To:", for when I check email more than one identity.  (in fact, I find the Identity thing confusing, I just like having a separate "account" or whatever for each email address I use.)</p><p style="">- "reply" should use the address from "To:" unless otherwise directed.</p><p style="">- more advanced ability to tag messages.</p><p>-the ability to connect a note to a message.  </p><p>Just my 20 millicents.  Hope this great product continues to grow, and I think it is awesome that we have a forum now to discuss it!</p><p> </p><p>tgt </p>

For notes while reading a message, use annotations tab

Upload address book any time you want, they are named with extension type *.pmr  and *.pmi (pair of files)

To add fixed (predefined) text to a message, use the Tools/Glossary feature

Extensions.  There are many, and you can write your own too. 

HTH

Martin 

<p>For notes while reading a message, use annotations tab </p><p>Upload address book any time you want, they are named with extension type *.pmr  and *.pmi (pair of files)</p><p> To add fixed (predefined) text to a message, use the Tools/Glossary feature</p><p>Extensions.  There are many, and you can write your own too. </p><p>HTH</p><p> Martin </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft