Community Discussions and Support
Displaying ISO 8859-2 characters in HTML messages

I have replied to you directly, but just to repeat here, I think your problem is that your default font does not support Polish.  I suggest you change the default font in Bearhtml.ini  to one of the Unicode fonts such as Tahoma  or MS  Arial Unicode

Martin 

<p>I have replied to you directly, but just to repeat here, I think your problem is that your default font does not support Polish.  I suggest you change the default font in Bearhtml.ini  to one of the Unicode fonts such as Tahoma  or MS  Arial Unicode</p><p> </p><p>Martin </p>

I'm receiving HTML messages with ISO 8859-2 codepage. International characters are'nt displayed properly (two characters for each international character, something like in UTF-8) even when the codepage is declared properly in a header of the HTML portion of the message:

#  <html>
#  <head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-2">

Is there any way to correct this? I'm using Pegasus Mail version 4.31 (Win32).

There is no any problem with plain text mess

&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m receiving HTML messages with ISO 8859-2 codepage. International characters are&#039;nt displayed properly (two characters for each international character, something like in UTF-8) even when the codepage is declared properly in a header of the HTML portion of the message:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;#&amp;nbsp; &amp;lt;html&amp;gt; #&amp;nbsp; &amp;lt;head&amp;gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=iso-8859-2&quot;&amp;gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Is there any way to correct this? I&#039;m using Pegasus Mail version 4.31 (Win32).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;There is no any problem with plain text mess &lt;/p&gt;

Please send me a copy of one of these messages, and I will check why the charset is not being processed correctly. Please send to Irelam@telus.net

Martin 

&lt;p&gt;Please send me a copy of one of these messages, and I will check why the charset is not being processed correctly. Please send to Irelam@telus.net&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I've sent you an axaple as an attachment to the e-mail message. I hope that Pegasus will not change anything in an attachment, so an example will stay representative.

&lt;p&gt;I&#039;ve sent you an axaple as an attachment to the e-mail message. I hope that Pegasus will not change anything in an attachment, so an example will stay representative. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft