Pegasus Mail Suggestions
option to add mail recipients to an address book

Why not copy the lines in the file WINPMFUA.PM into a distribution list?

I use to empty it from tim eto time, put in in Excel and get it sorted and then fill the data into Distribution Lists. I do not use adress book, no need for all the data there, use mostly DL.

<P>Why not copy the lines in the file WINPMFUA.PM into a distribution list? </P> <P>I use to empty it from tim eto time, put in in Excel and get it sorted and then fill the data into Distribution Lists. I do not use adress book, no need for all the data there, use mostly DL.</P>

I would find it very useful to have an option to have Pmail automatically add each recipient of an outgoing message to an address book, if the address is not already in that address book.  (Presumably, this would open a dialogue when the message was sent, if any recipient address is not found in the designated address book, to enter any other desired info in the address book record.)

There´s a filtering option for incoming mail to add the sender to an address book, but that doesn't do it for me.  I receive  lots of mail from people I don't need to put in my address book.  But if I write e-mail to someone once, I probably will want to write to them again someotime, and I want them in my address book.

I often find myself searching old messages to find the address of someone I have written to before, and want to write to again, but whose address I don't remember.  Yes, I could put all recipients manually in an address book, but that would be tedious.  And how would I remember, each time I send a message, whether I have preciously put each recipient in an address book?

I would suggest you set this option by default.  But even if you don't make it the defualt, please offer it as an option.

To facilitate address book updating, and importing of addresses from old message archives, please also an option for a folder or group of selected messges to "add recipients to address book" and another to "add senders to address book".

FWIW, this is a standard feature of Micros**t e-mail programs -- one of few things they have gotten right and that Pmail doesn't offer.

Many thanks for your generosity and consideration.

<p>I would find it very useful to have an option to have Pmail automatically add each recipient of an outgoing message to an address book, if the address is not already in that address book.  (Presumably, this would open a dialogue when the message was sent, if any recipient address is not found in the designated address book, to enter any other desired info in the address book record.)</p><p>There´s a filtering option for incoming mail to add the sender to an address book, but that doesn't do it for me.  I receive  lots of mail from people I don't need to put in my address book.  But if I write e-mail to someone once, I probably will want to write to them again someotime, and I want them in my address book.</p><p> I often find myself searching old messages to find the address of someone I have written to before, and want to write to again, but whose address I don't remember.  Yes, I could put all recipients manually in an address book, but that would be tedious.  And how would I remember, each time I send a message, whether I have preciously put each recipient in an address book? </p><p> I would suggest you set this option by default.  But even if you don't make it the defualt, please offer it as an option. To facilitate address book updating, and importing of addresses from old message archives, please also an option for a folder or group of selected messges to "add recipients to address book" and another to "add senders to address book".</p><p>FWIW, this is a standard feature of Micros**t e-mail programs -- one of few things they have gotten right and that Pmail doesn't offer.</p><p> Many thanks for your generosity and consideration.  </p>

[quote user="ehasbrouck"]

I would find it very useful to have an option to have Pmail automatically add each recipient of an outgoing message to an address book, if the address is not already in that address book.  (Presumably, this would open a dialogue when the message was sent, if any recipient address is not found in the designated address book, to enter any other desired info in the address book record.)

[/quote]

This isn't an automated solution, but you can manually add recently-used addresses pretty easily.  Open an address book and start to create a new entry.  Click the "little blue book" icon next to the e-mail address field and you'll see a list of e-mail addresses (you might have to click the "Recently Used" tab).  Just click the [Add] button and then the [OK] button.  Pegasus Mail keeps your 75 most-recently used addresses there..

HTH 

[quote user="ehasbrouck"]<p>I would find it very useful to have an option to have Pmail automatically add each recipient of an outgoing message to an address book, if the address is not already in that address book.  (Presumably, this would open a dialogue when the message was sent, if any recipient address is not found in the designated address book, to enter any other desired info in the address book record.)</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>This isn't an automated solution, but you can manually add recently-used addresses pretty easily.  Open an address book and start to create a new entry.  Click the "little blue book" icon next to the e-mail address field and you'll see a list of e-mail addresses (you might have to click the "Recently Used" tab).  Just click the [Add] button and then the [OK] button.  Pegasus Mail keeps your 75 most-recently used addresses there..</p><p> </p><p>HTH </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft