Community Discussions and Support
URGENT -- Problem with Multiple Content Control Sets

This behaviour is documented in the Help.

EDIT - I just checked and couldn't find it, maybe I read it elsewhere, but it has been documented somewhere [:)]  - END EDIT

You can specify an action for each CC definition, but if you use X-CC & X-UC headers for triggers in filtering rules you will only get the result of the last CC definition.

<p>This behaviour is documented in the Help.</p><p>EDIT - I just checked and couldn't find it, maybe I read it elsewhere, but it has been documented somewhere [:)]  - END EDIT </p><p>You can specify an action for each CC definition, but if you use X-CC & X-UC headers for triggers in filtering rules you will only get the result of the last CC definition.</p><p> </p>

I have 2 content control sets: spambut.dat and spamkiller.dat. Both have been included in content control of mail server running on Win XP Pro.

Looks like the SECOND set in the content control list ONLY works. For instance -- if spambust.dat is the top in the list and spamkiller.dat is next in the list, then Mercury executes only the filters in the second set. All filters in the first set do not seem to be working!

Then to confirm my finding, I added a third set spamtemp.dat and placed it last in the list. Bingo -- the filters in the third set only worked! I moved the sets in different orders and the last set only works.

What goes wrong for me????

<P>I have 2 content control sets: spambut.dat and spamkiller.dat. Both have been included in content control of mail server running on Win XP Pro.</P> <P>Looks like the SECOND set in the content control list ONLY works. For instance -- if spambust.dat is the top in the list and spamkiller.dat is next in the list, then Mercury executes only the filters in the second set. All filters in the first set do not seem to be working!</P> <P>Then to confirm my finding, I added a third set spamtemp.dat and placed it last in the list. Bingo -- the filters in the third set only worked! I moved the sets in different orders and the last set only works.</P> <P>What goes wrong for me????</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

In continuation of the above posting...

I tested further and found that all content control sets probably get process flow but the X-UC-Weight and X-CC-Diagnostic headers are added only by the last set.

X-UC-Weight: [#   ] 88
X-CC-Diagnostic: Subject contains "cake" (88)

So, I cannot test the UC-Weight with filtering rules subsequently for a suitable action...

<P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>In continuation of the above posting...</P> <P>I tested further and found that all content control sets probably get process flow but the X-UC-Weight and X-CC-Diagnostic headers are added only by the last set.</P> <P><SPAN class=EUDORAHEADER>X-UC-Weight: [#   ] 88 </SPAN><SPAN class=EUDORAHEADER>X-CC-Diagnostic: Subject contains "cake" (88) </SPAN><SPAN class=EUDORAHEADER> </SPAN></P> <P><SPAN class=EUDORAHEADER>So, I cannot test the UC-Weight with filtering rules subsequently for a suitable action...</SPAN></P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft