Community Discussions and Support
Cannot Enable Spamhalter

Also...
After I tried installing the Pegasus Spamhalter update at 
http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry2352.aspx
, Pegasus crashed severely (multiple "report error to Microsoft" dialogs)

Also... After I tried installing the Pegasus Spamhalter update at  http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry2352.aspx , Pegasus crashed severely (multiple "report error to Microsoft" dialogs)

I use Pegasus 4.41 on Netware v3, upgraded from v4.31 recently.

When I try to enable Spamhalter, I open the dialog again and it's disabled (the enable checkbox is unchecked)!

When I open the Spamhalter dialog again, the "Spamhalter spam folder" setting is preserved, but when I restart Pegasus, the spam folder setting reverts to the default.

The WI_SPH.INI is 0 length, if that helps.

By watching the fileserver monitor console, I see that Pegasus opens the spam folder but appears to not read from it and keeps the folder file open when messages are added to it. The WORDS4.DB3 file is always held open by Pegasus, and has a zero length after Pegasus is closed.

What Spamhalter files should I look for?  What PMAIL.INI entries are necessary for Spamhalter to work?

Thanks in Advance
--Tim

I use Pegasus 4.41 on Netware v3, upgraded from v4.31 recently. When I try to enable Spamhalter, I open the dialog again and it's disabled (the enable checkbox is unchecked)! When I open the Spamhalter dialog again, the "Spamhalter spam folder" setting is preserved, but when I restart Pegasus, the spam folder setting reverts to the default. The WI_SPH.INI is 0 length, if that helps. By watching the fileserver monitor console, I see that Pegasus opens the spam folder but appears to not read from it and keeps the folder file open when messages are added to it. The WORDS4.DB3 file is always held open by Pegasus, and has a zero length after Pegasus is closed. What Spamhalter files should I look for?  What PMAIL.INI entries are necessary for Spamhalter to work? Thanks in Advance --Tim

It sounds like you don't have write access permission to the Pegasus Mail NewMail directory.  Also have you tried training SpamHalter by changing the classification score on a message.  The Words4.db3 should change size. Both the database and wi_sph.ini should be in your newmail directory (c:\pmail\mail etc) which is writable.

Martin 

<p>It sounds like you don't have write access permission to the Pegasus Mail NewMail directory.  Also have you tried training SpamHalter by changing the classification score on a message.  The Words4.db3 should change size. Both the database and wi_sph.ini should be in your newmail directory (c:\pmail\mail etc) which is writable.</p><p>Martin </p>

I have used the Netware v3 newmail ( \\server\sys\mail\[USERID] ) directory for 11 years with no problems.  I have all rights to it.  I cannot train SpamHalter because I can't enable it.  Both words4.db3 and wi_sph.ini are in the new mail directory.

I don't know how to change a classification score on a message.

I have used the Netware v3 newmail ( \\server\sys\mail\[USERID] ) directory for 11 years with no problems.  I have all rights to it.  I cannot train SpamHalter because I can't enable it.  Both words4.db3 and wi_sph.ini are in the new mail directory. I don't know how to change a classification score on a message.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft