International Pegasus Mail
Pegasus crashes on renaming central addressbook

Hi Michael,

would provide Minidump - if I could install your tool. But it tells me, Pegasus is running?! It isn't for shure - Taskmanager doesn't show anything with Pegasus and MAILBOX.LCK does not exist in mailbox- or new-mail-directory in my homedirectory on server.

Name of addressbookfile ist 8.3 (ADDRZUNI.PMR) and even with path is much shorter than 63 characters (F:\PUBLIC\PEGASUS\VL\ADDRZUNI.PMR or in UNC is \\xxxx\xxx\PUBLIC\PEGASUS\VL\ADDRZUNI.PMR). In Pegasus the addressbook is named "Zentrales Adressbuch WiSo" which should be renamed to "Zentrales Adressbuch WiWi". I know that I can do it by editing the PMR and changing the two letters, but that seems not the normal way to me [:)]

bye    Olaf

<p>Hi Michael,</p><p>would provide Minidump - if I could install your tool. But it tells me, Pegasus is running?! It isn't for shure - Taskmanager doesn't show anything with Pegasus and MAILBOX.LCK does not exist in mailbox- or new-mail-directory in my homedirectory on server.</p><p>Name of addressbookfile ist 8.3 (ADDRZUNI.PMR) and even with path is much shorter than 63 characters (F:\PUBLIC\PEGASUS\VL\ADDRZUNI.PMR or in UNC is \\xxxx\xxx\PUBLIC\PEGASUS\VL\ADDRZUNI.PMR). In Pegasus the addressbook is named "Zentrales Adressbuch WiSo" which should be renamed to "Zentrales Adressbuch WiWi". I know that I can do it by editing the PMR and changing the two letters, but that seems not the normal way to me [:)]</p><p>bye    Olaf</p><p> </p>

Hi all,

if I try to rename a central addressbook, my up to date Pegasus crashes. My first thought was, this may happen, because there are other accessing the addressbook. But this morning I ensured nobody else accessing - and Pegasus crashed again.

Any suggestions?

Bye    Olaf

<p>Hi all,</p><p>if I try to rename a central addressbook, my up to date Pegasus crashes. My first thought was, this may happen, because there are other accessing the addressbook. But this morning I ensured nobody else accessing - and Pegasus crashed again.</p><p>Any suggestions?</p><p>Bye    Olaf </p>

[quote user="FJR"]Any suggestions?[/quote]

Can you provide a minidump file for inspection? Does any of the filenames exceed a certain length (something like more than 63 characters)? There are still restrictions with regard to this in some places of Pegasus Mail, we've seen this in the past.

<p>[quote user="FJR"]Any suggestions?[/quote]</p><p>Can you provide a minidump file for inspection? Does any of the filenames exceed a certain length (something like more than 63 characters)? There are still restrictions with regard to this in some places of Pegasus Mail, we've seen this in the past. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft