Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
aderoy posted May 19 '07 at 5:48 pm

I think the request is coming from someone who has used LookOut (Outlook), this 'feature' expires messages at a date/time in the future. Of course this can be overruled, and is not compatable between all the different mail clients let alone ones that actually follow the standard.

With all the legal issues now turning up this is something that may not be in the best interest of anyone.

At the end of the day it is up to the enduser to delete the emails. CYA of electronic documents for the most part can be 'difficult'.

closed
tsar posted May 24 '07 at 12:53 am

[quote user="dkocmoud"]

I don't understand why the original poster is not interested in using Mercury/32 to download the POP3 mail via Mercury/32's MercuryD module and have it placed into the public folder (once the next version ships, which supports delivering new mail to a public folder). [/quote]

euh... i'm not using Mercury because i'm using a other mailserver at this moment.  I know Mercury only by name... never installed it ...never seen it..
But... you made me curious ... just put my finger on the Mercury manual.... maybe i will install it and play around with it for a while

looking forward to the most intresting part (concerning this thread) ... dropping mail in a publc folder

This thread is closed for me, or resolved.

Most important things are :
Use public folders to share  mailfolders
Prevent that several users have access to a same mailbox at the time
Only share the new mail folder in a "add mailbox to list" option
Be aware that there is a "user training issue" involved

or keep it simple and
Start Pegasus Mail with the "-U <username>" commandline option to force Pegasus Mail to start up as that other user.

greetings and txs.

closed
Strat posted May 16 '07 at 5:51 am

I found it. In the folders menu 2 other sort options were also selected. Sort reverse and sort unread. That's something I don't recall ever selecting. Must of done it by accident while using one of the other actions. As I always say  ~If I'm not careful, I might learn something.

Thank you.

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted May 16 '07 at 12:44 am

For sending a new message there is no default id. You can howevere use the new mail form, where the id drop down box in right on the mail window below the Cc field. Set that is Tools -> options -> Messages and replies, the "identity selector" checkbox.

For reply and forward you can set a default identity for each folder. So when you filter specific incoming mail in a folder and reply from out of that folder the identity set as default in the folder will be used. Rightmouse when you are on a folder in the folderslisting to set it.

closed
Barius posted Jun 12 '07 at 5:16 am

1 - Was a link not created for you when Pmail installed?  Usually the icons that would normally be installed in Windows will be installed under the program category 'Wine' or 'Windows Programs'.  Otherwise, I'm not really sure, it could be a permissions thing.

2 - I haven't run into your window closing problem.  You might try playing with the window controls in 'winecfg' (there may be a program menu icon for this configuration program too).  You may also try setting the compatibility mode to Win98 or WinXP.  I usually set my to Win98 by default since it tends to be the most compatible.

3 - I haven't tried ssl/tls under Wine, they may not work at all.  If they do work I can't see why they would be any less secure.

closed
Barius posted May 16 '07 at 1:40 am

I have the exact same problem. However, the users at my office are all using the English version.

I am pretty sure from testing I've done that the problem occurs on shutdown of Pegasus, when the ini file gets written out, not on startup as you might think.

closed
BoarX posted Nov 21 '16 at 5:00 pm

Thanks guys! I am back up and running (fingers crossed!) after 7 hours of restoring tray structure by hand. Yes, HIERARCH.PM seems to contain bunch of suspiciously looking lines. Fortunately I found a description of its format here: 

http://wiki.pmail.com/index.php?title=KB:Pegasus_Mail/Structure_of_HIERARCH.PM_File

There is also important tidbit here:

http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/23579.aspx 

Will have to work on it. Also I have a bunch of old folders still in UNIX format, so that might have contributed to the restoration trouble. Just documenting my experience in hopes that it will make someone's life easier.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Alex

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted May 12 '07 at 10:30 pm

Well when a disk crash / disk full situation is involved, there is very little that can be done by the programs using the disk.

First of all, but you will have done that, make sure you got plenty of diskspace.

I doubt if you can recover mails, If the folder information (in the right mouse menu) gives a size that is matching the total size of the messages then you have bad luck. If the filesize on disk is much larger then the messages do expect it to be, there might be a possibility. In any case make sure to make a copy of the pmi and pmm file involved.

closed
gfts posted May 12 '07 at 3:14 pm

You can change the password from

TOOLS -> INTERNET OPTIONS -> RECEIVING POP3 -> EDIT THE HOST AND GIVE A NEW PASSWORD YOU HAVE MENTIONED FOR YOUR SERVER.

Based on my experience, I agree with David (always a safe option here!), use NDS with Netware > 4.1. I found that it was virtually maintenance free on the server side. So sweet! I really liked the NWAdmin plugin which used to be available from the University of Lyon (France).

I also agree that Netware 6.5 is the best server operating system ever. Sigh.  

-- Alan

I've noted this issue. At the moment, it's possible to move messages retrieved by different identities, but not by different POP3 definitions. It would be trivially easy to inject a header into downloaded messages that indicates the definition that retrieved them: this header could subsequently be used in expression filters to do the type of thing you're asking for.

I'll definitely add this to the next release for you. I suggest that once you see blogs or discussions here indicating that full development is operational again (once I have finished the internal transitions that are happening at the moment) you send me a personal message to jog my memory.

Cheers!

-- David --

closed
whiskyfizz posted May 17 '07 at 1:59 pm

Hi !

Perhaps you can evaluate this Python scripting feature by setting up a partnership with a local university or school, and their computer science department. For instance, this could be suggested as a subject for a thesis or something like an end-of-the-year-programming project. Also, this way, you can attract more users to Pegasus Mail amongst the younger ones, and maybe even future developpers and coders who will join our growing community. I think it is a win-win suggestion, on your side the coding is done by someone else, the students as a project, and on their side, it is surely an interesting and challenging project which gives the students the opportunity to work and contribute to a "real" program. So what do you think ? (Maybe this has nothing to do anymore with the title of this thread, in that case I am counting on the moderators :-)).

Bye !

Ginhead.

closed
irelam posted May 11 '07 at 5:02 am

Hello

Unfortunately there is no easy way. As you know, in Outlook each user has their own Id and password. The only simple way you could achieve this is to collect a file of all your users Ids and passwords, as the process requires a login. Not a good idea at all.  At present this individual login is achieved by the Pm2msm.ini values, but with a little work I could force a login dialog. But that would require user participation.   [:(]  Hmmm...

Martin

Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft